Your favorite Dayacom Pen Kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wob50

Any of the ones with the roller clips those are nice.
Jr. Morgan Fountain/Rollerball Pen Kit W/Spoke Roller Clip
Elegant Lady Twist Ball Pen Kit W/Roller Clip
Ares Ball Pen Kit W/Spoke Roller Clip
Ares Ball Pen Kit the sword clips look nice.
just my two cents worth.

Alex D

Jr. George with the antique brass!

Also the Eugene with the clear crystal.

I would also love to see some non-gold cufflinks available.

Looking forward to the chance to get some new kits in rotation!

Thanks!
Alex

ossaguy

I like the Cupid twist

Major twist

Reynold twist

Diana

Citizen

9.10mm ball point kit with knurled center ring

Christmas ornaments kits

Elegant lady

Question: Does the click Elegant Beauty differ from the kit from CSUSA?

That's a fun catalog to look through!

Thanks for making new kits available to us.

Steve

lwalper

Be cool if Dyacom made a roller ball that didn't have the long section/nose cone that is so prevalent with rb kits. Something like the Cambridge or Churchill kits but with a thinner o.d..

Exactly. I like the rollerball, but don't really care for all the heavy parts that generally come with that refill option. The rollerball refill will go down a 7mm tube -- why not make something in that diameter that is comfortable to use. These are all quite nice to look at, but I wouldn't want to carry / write with one on a regular basis.

Traditional (131-4415 or 131-4425) in a quality plating

jttheclockman

Be cool if Dyacom made a roller ball that didn't have the long section/nose cone that is so prevalent with rb kits. Something like the Cambridge or Churchill kits but with a thinner o.d..

WE are working on this.

Well Aaron if you are into creating your own kits with this company or have input into creating some, my quest and I have asked this before, why do companies not make kits that allow for thicker casting??? I would love to see some kits that use smaller tubes and allow more material to be cast to them. Ones that you do not need to use such gigantic kits to cast things. Seems like many of these kits the tubes are so big and the material used is so thin. So I am asking for kits where more meat is left before it is turned away. I like casting things to tubes. Go for it. Seems like everyone is putting in their wish list so that is an addition to mine. :)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I think what you're looking for John, might be filled with something like a (say) Gentleman size made with Jr Gent Tubes.
Or maybe Emperor size with Jr Emperor Tubes

jttheclockman

I think what you're looking for John, might be filled with something like a (say) Gentleman size made with Jr Gent Tubes.
Or maybe Emperor size with Jr Emperor Tubes

I use them already. Majestic's is OK too. Timberbits Spring Blossom has a great lower barrel but the upper barrel is too thin. But the tube is huge and i see no reason other than keeping weight down for this. It would be great to have a pen with the bottom barrel of a Spring blossom and a top barrel of equal thickness of meat left. Heck i just threw it out there because just about Dayacom's entire catalog was listed here. So what the heck. :) It is a wish list.

jttheclockman

Here is an example of what I am talking about. I wanted to play around with making some blanks like this. It is stainless steel rods wraped around a pen tube and cast in clear resin. I did some straight and some on an angle. Then what i was going to do after i found out it was possible I was going to mix the rods up with brass and stainless. Maybe alternating or grouping 2 together and changing things up. I then have some stainless steel and brass combination braiding that I wanted for the cap. Well the only kit that had a possible chance was the Spring blossom. As you can see the bottom section would work. But when I went to cast the cap with the braiding there was not enough room for even a braiding which is not that thick. There is no other kit on the market today that can accept the rods because of the depth needed. Can I work around this, maybe but it would require a lot more work. So that is my reason for better casting kits. I have a ton other ideas that require substantial depth.

magpens

Celticus pen kit (not the Jr. Celticus) from woodpenpro.com has lots of extra room (meat) on one of the barrels, but not as much on the other .... can't remember which barrel is which, but the website will give that if you think about the drill sizes specified

I like your idea of casting rods like that, John. I have had the same idea but haven't implemented it yet, so yours is the first I've seen.
Is that an Emperor pen? What size rods did you find work best for this idea?

Last edited:

makaiolani

Here is an example of what I am talking about. I wanted to play around with making some blanks like this. It is stainless steel rods wraped around a pen tube and cast in clear resin. I did some straight and some on an angle. Then what i was going to do after i found out it was possible I was going to mix the rods up with brass and stainless. Maybe alternating or grouping 2 together and changing things up. I then have some stainless steel and brass combination braiding that I wanted for the cap. Well the only kit that had a possible chance was the Spring blossom. As you can see the bottom section would work. But when I went to cast the cap with the braiding there was not enough room for even a braiding which is not that thick. There is no other kit on the market today that can accept the rods because of the depth needed. Can I work around this, maybe but it would require a lot more work. So that is my reason for better casting kits. I have a ton other ideas that require substantial depth.

Very nice! I'll get back to you on the caps. There are ways of doing this, however it's the threaded caps that prove the most difficult to make thinner.

vakmere

Whatever the kit, its the quality of the material that I look at. Plating, mating surfaces, threading, mechanisms, and balance. Too many times I had to sand off plating in order to press into a tube because the manufacturer didn't allow for the extra width of the plating resulting in a cracked blank.
Top heavy pens are not my favorite to write with. Long front end rollerballs could be shorter and more ergonomic to write with. Do they have to be that wide?
All these posts have good ideas and suggestions so we will see what the future holds.

jttheclockman

Celticus pen kit (not the Jr. Celticus) from woodpenpro.com has lots of extra room (meat) on one of the barrels, but not as much on the other .... can't remember which barrel is which, but the website will give that if you think about the drill sizes specified

I like your idea of casting rods like that, John. I have had the same idea but haven't implemented it yet, so yours is the first I've seen.
Is that an Emperor pen? What size rods did you find work best for this idea?

Hello Mal

I am sorry I did not see this question. No the kit is or was suppose to be a Spring Blossom by Timberbits. As I said the bottom barrel is fine but the cap there is very little meat at all. I could not even cast a braided stainless steel braiding which I wanted.

makaiolani

Well, I couldn't get the whole 30 new styles. We couldn't come to an agreement on cost carry. I would need 100k to do what he wanted. So I did buy new kits in the new order though.

Jr. Anthony
Jr. Abraham
Bamboo Stand Rollerball
Jr. Victor

And a new style that I was working on. It's very simple but the size should be popular with my customers.

Dan Masshardt

Well, I couldn't get the whole 30 new styles. We couldn't come to an agreement on cost carry. I would need 100k to do what he wanted. So I did buy new kits in the new order though. Jr. Anthony Jr. Abraham Bamboo Stand Rollerball Jr. Victor And a new style that I was working on. It's very simple but the size should be popular with my customers.

Ballpoint or rollerball on the new style?

edstreet

Well, I couldn't get the whole 30 new styles. We couldn't come to an agreement on cost carry. I would need 100k to do what he wanted. So I did buy new kits in the new order though.

Jr. Anthony
Jr. Abraham
Bamboo Stand Rollerball
Jr. Victor

And a new style that I was working on. It's very simple but the size should be popular with my customers.

What plating on the Jr Antony?

makaiolani

Jr. Anthony
Jr. Abraham
Bamboo Stand Rollerball
Jr. Victor

Titanium with gold ti accents.

makaiolani

Well, I couldn't get the whole 30 new styles. We couldn't come to an agreement on cost carry. I would need 100k to do what he wanted. So I did buy new kits in the new order though. Jr. Anthony Jr. Abraham Bamboo Stand Rollerball Jr. Victor And a new style that I was working on. It's very simple but the size should be popular with my customers.

Ballpoint or rollerball on the new style?

Rollerball

edstreet

Jr. Anthony
Jr. Abraham
Bamboo Stand Rollerball
Jr. Victor

Titanium with gold ti accents.

:( Same with the Abraham?

Top Bottom