Wholesale Source for .50 BMG Pen Kits?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Taff

Anyone know the wholesale source for the .50 cal machine gun kits. I am looking to buy 500+ kits and would like a better price than PSI, etc. I have tried Dayacom and Rizheng, but cannot find the source.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

H2O

Couldn't you just purchase something like these and get the other parts from another source? I'm sure I've seen individual parts available at a few different places. Just thought it might help.

50 BMG BRASS - once-fired 2004-2007 Lake City or PSD Headstamp primed or unprimed - Tumbled Clean, Resized, Deprimed, Primer pocket chamfered, Trimmed to length, ready to load.

100 pcs. prepared brass, unprimed ready to prime and load
100 pcs. - $1.10/ ea.
100 pcs. prepared and primed brass
100 pcs. - $1.40 / ea.
100 pcs. tumbled only, not sized or trimmed
100 pcs. - $0.75 / ea.

I think something like these are required also.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30-Transmissions-for-7mm-pen-kits-Slimline-Comfort-/321120596577

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Anyone know the wholesale source for the .50 cal machine gun kits. I am looking to buy 500+ kits and would like a better price than PSI, etc. I have tried Dayacom and Rizheng, but cannot find the source.

Consider this: You KNOW Dayacom makes the junior gent, and many other pens for CSUSA. Yet, if you contact Dayacom they will not sell those to you, they will sell only the ones that CSUSA is not buying.

WHY? Because your 500 order could tick off CSUSA who may then STOP ordering from Dayacom. How many thousands do you think CSUSA buys??

Any manufacturer who "sellls around" Penn State or CSUSA or Berea risks losing BIG bucks. Your 500 units is a very small drop in a very large ocean.

What difference does the purchase price make?? You buy them, add a fee for your service and arrive at a selling price. Then, your customer can say ok or no. If you get to the point of negotiating, the customer has won. Saving a buck on 500 units is no big deal to a larger corporation. But "strong negotiating power" may get a buyer a promotion---your deal is just one and your skill is unique. YOU set the price.

After that it is selling your skill---NOT the price of the pieces.

thewishman

Consider this: You KNOW Dayacom makes the junior gent, and many other pens for CSUSA. Yet, if you contact Dayacom they will not sell those to you, they will sell only the ones that CSUSA is not buying.

WHY? Because your 500 order could tick off CSUSA who may then STOP ordering from Dayacom. How many thousands do you think CSUSA buys??

Any manufacturer who "sellls around" Penn State or CSUSA or Berea risks losing BIG bucks. Your 500 units is a very small drop in a very large ocean.

What difference does the purchase price make?? You buy them, add a fee for your service and arrive at a selling price. Then, your customer can say ok or no. If you get to the point of negotiating, the customer has won. Saving a buck on 500 units is no big deal to a larger corporation. But "strong negotiating power" may get a buyer a promotion---your deal is just one and your skill is unique. YOU set the price.

After that it is selling your skill---NOT the price of the pieces.

Ed makes some valid points. In addition to those points, what maker doesn't shop around for the best deal? Saving money on each kit adds up to pure profit on the sale. Saving $2.00 on each kit in a 500 piece order adds $1000.00 to the bottom line. 500 pieces is a large order, how many suppliers stock that deep?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Retail is 6.95

100 is 5.60
Assume their cost may be $3. So they are making 2.60 per unit.
What are you making? I would hope at least $26.00

So, you are positioned to give up $10 for every dollar that PSI gives up--that way you will both feel the same degree of "percentage pinch".

Had PSI not designed and gotten the kit built, you would not have the opportunity to sell any. Why try to cut them out of their meager profit?

On the other hand, you could find a manufacturer that will build them for you, a Chinese source comes to mind. Then, you have to buy a couple thousand and they may, or may not work---but you COULD save $1000!!! on your 500 order (and lose your reputation)

The company who is making them for PSI is selling PSI several hundred a week, they are not going to sell to you direct. Anyone who will sell to you direct is experimenting when they make the pen. After dealing with a couple manufacturers, I can tell you they will NEVER say, "we can't do this". However, their actions will show they can't, yet you pay in full and get delivery of poor product. The cost of your pen kit from the majors includes the insurance that you will get the support of PSI, or CSUSA or Berea. There is a very real benefit there, that is worth far more than a buck a kit.

I readily admit this is MY opinion, you are encouraged to have your own. But I have earned and maintained a sterling reputation because I value getting it right more than getting it cheap. Tell your customer you share those values, so you are doing him a service by getting the best product available from the most reputable source you can. HIS reputation is also on the line---if the pens break he COULD lose his job. What is that risk worth?

FWIW,
Ed

Last edited:

joefrog

Retail is 6.95

100 is 5.60
Assume their cost may be $3. So they are making 2.60 per unit.
What are you making? I would hope at least $26.00

So, you are positioned to give up $10 for every dollar that PSI gives up--that way you will both feel the same degree of "percentage pinch".

Had PSI not designed and gotten the kit built, you would not have the opportunity to sell any. Why try to cut them out of their meager profit?

On the other hand, you could find a manufacturer that will build them for you, a Chinese source comes to mind. Then, you have to buy a couple thousand and they may, or may not work---but you COULD save $1000!!! on your 500 order (and lose your reputation)

The company who is making them for PSI is selling PSI several hundred a week, they are not going to sell to you direct. Anyone who will sell to you direct is experimenting when they make the pen. After dealing with a couple manufacturers, I can tell you they will NEVER say, "we can't do this". However, their actions will show they can't, yet you pay in full and get delivery of poor product. The cost of your pen kit from the majors includes the insurance that you will get the support of PSI, or CSUSA or Berea. There is a very real benefit there, that is worth far more than a buck a kit.

I readily admit this is MY opinion, you are encouraged to have your own. But I have earned and maintained a sterling reputation because I value getting it right more than getting it cheap. Tell your customer you share those values, so you are doing him a service by getting the best product available from the most reputable source you can. HIS reputation is also on the line---if the pens break he COULD lose his job. What is that risk worth?

FWIW,
Ed

Well spoken and great points! I'm prepared to admit I'm NOT a wholesaler of pens. Big potential orders do make me nervous having to cut so deep in my profit. But then again, my office closed at the end of December and I don't have any shows lined up for Jan or Feb, so any income is good income...

My wife says that I shouldn't discount my art. I think I need to make the house payment. Hmm...

But another reason I'm looking for a supplier is, I only need the KIT, not the brass shell. Customer wants to use his own brass.

Last edited:

darrin1200

If you don't need the brass, then your better to make the kit up yourself. There is a tutorial in the library, (my tablet wont let me copy the link). Its called 50BMG.pdf
It covers all the aspects of making one of these from scratch.

Good luck with the order.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Before there were commercially available "cartridge" kits, I made my own. 30 cal and a half dozen other shells I could get at the local hunting stores.

Nothing fit precisely, so every "pen transition" was another opportunity to apply my pen kit knowledge to solve the problem. I succeeded, but each pen was "time intensive". I would gladly have purchased a kit for anything under $15ish.

Now, those kits exist. But, if you have the opportunity to make your own, from scratch, I believe you will develop a far greater appreciation for the "kit".

I wish you luck, stop back about half way through the project and tell us what you think of making large orders!!

I hated it.

Top Bottom