What do you want....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BKelley

Constance,

A kit a tad smaller in diameter than the Navigator in stainless steel or a super good plating that won't wear off. Another thing I think would sell good would be clips with initials on them.

Ben

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Here's what I'd like to see, and it only needs one extra piece:wink:

For those undecided customers that can't make up their mind if they want a postable or non postable pen. Simply unscrew the nonpostable finial to reveal the postable one !!! :)
The nonpostable finial simply needs the 3 start threads inside it

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 194
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

For those undecided customers that can't make up their mind if they want a postable or non postable pen. Simply unscrew the nonpostable finial to reveal the postable one !!! :)

Did you see that in by Book of ideas?

OKLAHOMAN

Constance, A nice Mid-high end pen to give the Jr. Series some compitition, with skippys extra piece makeing it booth postable and non postable. Also Make the fountain pen section avalible as an extra so some can be both but not all.

jasontg99

That is genius.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Convertable

Did you see that in by Book of ideas?
I'd make that so that the only thing you'd need to do to go from Rollerball to FP is change the tip and remove the spring from the rollerball.

SCR0LL3R

So would a combo of a postable or non-postable be better than one or the other?

Or should it be just available as an extra part at and additional cost.

I would guess the optional extra part would be the best choice if it can keep the price of the kit down slightly for those that wouldn't want it. I would just say make the kit postable and make the optional screw on part that converts it to non-postable. I dunno, just thinking out loud.

OKLAHOMAN

Just my opinion is to make the non postable part just that a part that we could buy as an extra, just as we could but the convertable nib as an extra.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Depends

So would a combo of a postable or non-postable be better than one or the other?

Or should it be just available as an extra part at and additional cost.
I think that depends on the size -- the small to mid-size (say jr Gent) I like postable but I think a bigger like say Jr Emperor I think posting makes them top heavy and uncomfortable.

Personally I would like just say Rollerball kits because they sell better. Then have the separate nib section to convert to a fountain pen as a conversion kit. I do that with jr. emperors and it makes it possible to offer both FP and Rollerball with a lot less tied up in inventory.

hebertjo

One thing that bugs me about all the kits out there is you cannot buy spare parts. I have had several people pull the threads out of the Jr. Gent style pens and had others dropped and damaged the components. I do not want to purchase a full kit just so I can get the 10 cent delrin threaded insert.

Maybe there is a business cost justification for not selling parts but it sure would be nice!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
problem....

One thing that bugs me about all the kits out there is you cannot buy spare parts. I have had several people pull the threads out of the Jr. Gent style pens and had others dropped and damaged the components. I do not want to purchase a full kit just so I can get the 10 cent delrin threaded insert.

Maybe there is a business cost justification for not selling parts but it sure would be nice!
The problem with trying to carry spare parts for most vendors is logistical - it is costly because there are so many parts to deal with there in little if any return on investment when/if you sell one and they take a lot of bin space.

jeweler53

4240 Wellington Loop SE, Lacey, WA, 98503
I am fairly new to this hobby (profession/trade/obsession/addiction) and feel that there is not enough choice in the "mid" size (Comfort), especially a rollerball or gel.

I have also been making closed end pens (clipless) and the ladies like them for in a purse. The only exposed metal part is the tip. More color choices would be nice (especially gunmetal and black). I would like the tip to be less of a part of the design.
webUpload
So far I have been just throwing away the other parts of a slimline kit.

webUpload

Last edited:

Turned Around

what about a laser cut puzzle set, but with a new range of exotics? palm, ebony, etc. For a little extra cost, of course. Just something out of the ordinary that you usually supply.

asfm2005

An inlay of a mariners compass would be great! Or an old singer 221 sewing machine. My wife and alot of her freinds that quilt would go nuts over them! Another thing that would be nice is a click pencil kit that uses .9mm lead.

Last edited:

OOPS

I remember adding my two cents to this thread some time ago, and have been thinking about it ever since. I am convinced that if a method could be designed to allow for a high quality click mechanism to be inserted into our current click pens, so that if the clicker is defective, it can be easily replaced, it would be one of the most outstanding improvements to our hobby.

jeweler53

4240 Wellington Loop SE, Lacey, WA, 98503
I like these ideas.

How about a basic pen body with threaded cap. The the buyer (me) would then add:

1. non-postable optional part
2. Rollerball or gel nib and springs
3. fountain pen nib
4. choice of clip (or not at all)

I could make one basic pen and build it to any pen a customer would like.
If the cap threads did not have any metal exposed that would be great. It could look "kitless". An extra "cap threaded part" could make the non-postable option very flexible. It could be matching wood or something to contrast.

sseamen

Logo pen

I have an idea to get around some of the problems involved with logos, if it is mechanically feasible.

I'm a retired Army Warrant Officer and anythinig with the Army Warrant Officer insignia (lovingly known as the squashed chcicken) sells to Warrant Officers. One of my COW (Crusty Old Warrant) buddies has a pen wilth a filial that has a domed plastic piece on the top, the dome tends to magnify anything put under it. Obviously, his pen has a squashed chicken under that dome.

I wonder if you could make a filial with the dome not yet atttached and allow the purchaser to print and place his own design under the dome. Perhaps the dome could be attached with a screw, or snap, ring or perhaps just CAd into place.

Even if you can't supply the components for the purchaser to assemble ,,,, could you assemble them with graphics supplied by the purchaser?

In either case, you are not producing and supplying any logos or insignia.

Last edited:

Woodlvr

I was the Avionics Tech that rode the first flight to insure my radios worked prefectly and I have missed it everyday since then. I am excited to see what could come from this. Thanks SSeamen for the idea. From an 8yr Army vet.

Top Bottom