Watchparts / Steampunk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Anyone interested in purchasing watch parts/geared/carbon fiber Blanks?

• Yes

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marko50

Hi folks! I'm a noob to this board so I will try not to ask any obviously stupid questions.
This is my first attempt at casting. The learning curve has been steep for me, but…It's a process, right?

would anyone be interested in purchasing watch parts, geared, carbon fiber blanks if I made them?

Thanks

Attachments

• IAPsteampunk.jpg
    IAPsteampunk.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 331
  • IAPsteampunk2.jpg
    IAPsteampunk2.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 312
  • IAPsteampunk3.jpg
    IAPsteampunk3.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 340
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marko50

Yup

Ya, I'm of the same opinion as far as adding more parts. I erred on the side of caution, being my first try and all. Another lesson learned! I have many more blanks made up that now have many more gears added. I will post pics as soon as I turn them. Thanks for the great feedback!

Bean_Counter

Marko I think they look cool and like the above posters Definately need more gears. I'd buy from ya, everyone deserves a shot. Anyway post around the forum so people will get to know you

healeydays

Marko, I hate to say it but Beck3906 is right. Alot of folks want to buy from someone that has built a reputation for quality blanks as you can cast a blank that looks nice, but once you get it on the lathe, all type of problems can crop up. My suggestion is definitely get out here and post more and when they have a castaway in 2014, join in so other casters can try out your work as that will also help get the word out.

Mike B

SteveG

I noticed that each of your turned pens are a stepped out profile right at the ends of the blank. Most pen turners do not use that profile, and in fact prefer a straight bush-to-bush profile. So your pics raise the question: is it necessary to "puff out" the profile for clearance of the imbedded watch parts? That would be a detractor for myself and others to buying your blanks.

Top Bottom