Virage blkti paua.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 429
  • Virage gold.jpg
    Virage gold.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 464
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We have been in WTD for over a year. Usually I don't show the ads here. But, our response has been mediocre, so I thought I would see if anyone has ideas that might help.

Steve Busey

so I thought I would see if anyone has ideas that might help.

Ed, I don't know what kind of ad you're doing, but I must say - those are not very flattering pen pictures. :frown: That paua pen pic just looks washed out, against a plain white background. Sorry, not buying it. :bad:

Perhaps you could search the forum for some great pics, and contract out your photo shoots to someone else (barter exchange for blanks/kits?). Some of the best pen pics I've seen are from a local Atlanta guy, at penz by design . com, but I believe he uses a commercial photo studio.

mrcook4570

The virage, to me, is very plain. It does not beg for attention. I also agree with the above that the pics are very boring and washed out. Ads/photos with white backgrounds do not stand out in a magazine with white pages. Maybe add some bells and whistles and a big flashing neon sign :wink:

jaywood1207

Ed and Robert111,

Put a piece of white bristol board over the front of your booth with a hole for the camera to poke through and get rid of the black on the hardware. Makes the hardware pop instead of looking like a black hole.

Jjartwood

Same here,They are beautiful pens but for some reason I can't seem to get them out of the tent with any consistency, However next show they may sell out.
Ed beautiful job on the pens.

glycerine

Ed, I don't know what kind of ad you're doing, but I must say - those are not very flattering pen pictures. :frown: That paua pen pic just looks washed out, against a plain white background. Sorry, not buying it. :bad:

Perhaps you could search the forum for some great pics, and contract out your photo shoots to someone else (barter exchange for blanks/kits?). Some of the best pen pics I've seen are from a local Atlanta guy, at penz by design . com, but I believe he uses a commercial photo studio.

Agree on the pics. Are those the actual pics that you are using in the ad, Ed?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

Agree on the pics. Are those the actual pics that you are using in the ad, Ed?

They are the basic pics, but they will be photoshopped by WTD.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
You're saying that you're getting a new background added, Ed - is that correct? If so, I think the pens will do fine.

Personally, I really dislike this style of pen, as it is entirely too 'metal-fighting-with-blank' for my taste...the curve of the metal looks odd with a straight blank, and curvy end - but there's undoubtedly some who will like the kit - the blank choices you've made for them are nice.

Are you considering using a different kit as your advertising material? There are many more 'traditional' kits by Berea that might be more approachable...

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The easy and fast answer is, you can see the ad, here

When WTD gets it, they will improve anything that needs it, for the 4 x 5 final ad.

Top Bottom