Are these guys worth buying from? Dayacom

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

DAYACOM INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD

It seems like PSI has a monopoly on this market for middle-of-the road quality kits. I would love to know if there's a way to circumvent them (and save money)

Thanks for reading.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Thanks. There is a lot of us :)

Smitty or Ed Brown will know the most about this - I'll let it to folks who know more.

It's possible but hasn't normally been found to be feasible for us.

Fwiw, I find the csusa group buys to be very reasonable prices for dayacom kits that they carry.

brownsfn2

I think you will find that the IAP vendors to provide better service and let you purchase 5 pens instead of 500 of one kind.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks. There is a lot of us :)

Dayacom is changing some (Probably due to the world economic picture) but in the past they have not been ameniable to group purchases. While they have reduced MOQ on meny items, they are still high and they apply not just to (say) 50 of the same kit, it is also 50 of the same finish.

They do offer some of their standard priced kits "non-branded" at retail with various MOQ and they offer a number of their high end kits at retail with MOQ of 30 or so kits. But -- they are priced retail and no necessarily what you expect as a quantity discount for 30 kits. In fact some of them are awfully close to what you'd expect to pay full retail for 1 or 2 kits. They are not the place to go if you want to beat PSI prices.

That being said, they ship on time, they sell bushings fairly cheap, tubes are not overly expensive, and they don't make many mistakes.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
DAYACOM INDUSTRIAL CO., LTD

It seems like PSI has a monopoly on this market for middle-of-the road quality kits. I would love to know if there's a way to circumvent them (and save money)

Thanks for reading.
Do you mean middle of the road priced kits? I don't think anyone here would find a definition of middle or the road quality that more than 2 or 3 other people would agree with.

They offer more kits than anyone else and most of what they offer are lower to mid-priced kits. But they certainly do not have a monopoly. The most popular styles are widely available through other vendors...and some vendors will offer nearly all of their kits at a lower price than theirs.

plano_harry

They are worth buying from. If you search the Group Buy forum from last year, you will find that we did one. Lots of comments that should answer every question you can come up with.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Not true Harry there has never been a successful group buy from Dayacom---the one you're talking about the person running it (I forget who) finally through up his hands and gave up. I have made some very limited purchases where I allowed others to join me but they absolutely were not group buys.

Group buys include discounts beyond the sources usual quantity discounts and Dayacom has absolutely refused to consider them.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
$1.95 per kit, x 100 kits, is $200, including EMS shipping... min. 1 month lead time...

Add customs fees and taxes at the border.
And, ask if you are getting exactly the same kit you'd get if you met their normal MOQ. There is a reason those kits are "un-branded" I am not saying they are all different then the branded kits - but some are.

TonyL

Thanks folks. I would prefer to patronize the IAP folks. Remember, I am new to this, so my Google searches produce results that I don't expect. Thanks for the feedback.

plano_harry

Well, it's kinda, sorta true. We did a group buy on Dayacom Emperors. After all the discussion mentioned in the thread, Dawn & Ed added their order to our group to make the MOQ and handled the whole thing for us direct with Dayacom! They even did the re-shipping at the wholesale price. :cool: We just used a pro to manage the buy instead of us amateurs. I think it kinda, sorta counts.

Not true Harry there has never been a successful group buy from Dayacom---the one you're talking about the person running it (I forget who) finally through up his hands and gave up. I have made some very limited purchases where I allowed others to join me but they absolutely were not group buys.

Group buys include discounts beyond the sources usual quantity discounts and Dayacom has absolutely refused to consider them.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Well, it's kinda, sorta true. We did a group buy on Dayacom Emperors. After all the discussion mentioned in the thread, Dawn & Ed added their order to our group to make the MOQ and handled the whole thing for us direct with Dayacom! They even did the re-shipping at the wholesale price. :cool: We just used a pro to manage the buy instead of us amateurs. I think it kinda, sorta counts.

That was not a group buy, It was Ed and Dawn being the nice people they are and helping out some IAP friends.

jbmauser

I have moved most of my orders away from PSI to Timberbits in Australia. His prices are good and his shipping is reasonable and fast. I also can recommend him for his service. I had a problem with a kit and he called me at home rather than reply via email as I had made a dumb (my guilt) error and he needed to question me further to solve or rather put me on the right track. https://timberbits.com/ Check out his offerings if you please. JB

TonyL

Saved to my favorites. I was very impressed with his site weeks ago. I will be placing an order shortly. Thank you!

Top Bottom