Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I would buy a die to match the tap I own

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I was asked about tap and dies for the cigar coupler and tranny size. WHen I measured the ones I use I find that they were m7.35 x.5. THe m7.4 x .5 tap I carry will cut the female threads but is there a need for the Die? I havent had the dies made because the tap is for the Meister Nib #6 feed assembly and did not see a need for them. My question is would this be a useful set? the Die would run about $65.00 or the set of both tap and die would be around $90.00 Is there a need for this as set?

soligen

Mike - I love that you are trying to support us with useful tap/die sizes, but I thought I'd put this into a diffferent perspective for people who have not already looked into this.

Woodenwhimsies has the cigar coupler for 50 cents. There may be some cases where a modded coupler wont work, but it has worked for me so far. For the price of the die, you can get 130 cigar couplers, so for most people, 130 is the break even point.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Dennis,
I dont disagree but sometimes I dont see a need that others have. I would have never thought the m10 x .75 triple lead or the m12 x.8 would be as popular as they are. In the case of the m12 hundreds of sets in just the first two group buys. Your point is well made, I have those exact couplers myself. The fact that it also would match the tap I carry swayed me to ask and to see how much response I would have. If there are a dozen yes's then its doable.

Top Bottom