Stainless & Titanium Components

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Are you intrested in Stainless and Titanium Component sets?

• Only if non postable

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No intrested at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OKLAHOMAN

We at Classic Nib are thinking of having made for us roller ball and fountain pen component sets (kits) custom made for us out of Stainless and Titanium. These would sell for approximately the same price as the Jr. Statesman in the Stainless and maybe a couple of dollars more in Titanium Also maybe a single barrel ball point to sell around the same as the Liberty.
We have found a manufacturer who will design and manufacture these but to keep the prices down we would have to order these by the 200 per month so this will be a large cash investment for us. Before we jump off the cliff we are looking for some feed back from you out customer. We see a couple of advantages to this. First we would have a constant supply so you would not have to wait weeks and sometimes months for stock and second these would be non plated components but solid metal. We want your input,so please post here your thoughts and answer the poll.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

It sounds like a winner, as the price vs value seems to be quite favorable. A design that allows me to add my own finial material, and perhaps CB ring would be a great enhancement. I hope this works out. I will be a buyer.

Curly

Titanium would be cool.

A while ago I would have said that if the pens looks good they will sell, but from what I have seen being offered by other big outfits, butt ugly and stupid looking sell too. :eek: I would love to see a ball point click somewhat along the lines of a Longwood. Just remember to leave some room between the tubes and furniture so your casting vendors have lots of room to put stuff in. :wink:

OKLAHOMAN

I was just reminded by Jon Piper that the Stainless can be engraved so with that in mind those of you that have been looking for a pen you could put your logo on or if a customer wants engraving done this is an option. Also for you big sellers we could make a quantity with maybe a different center band ,final and logo, making this just your component set. Just thinking out loud.

LOTS of my customers prefer "MADE IN THE U.S." I think I would be selling quite a few of these kits when you offer them! And the engraving option just makes it a sweeter deal!

OKLAHOMAN

So far we have had 155 views and 30 posts on the poll of interested, about 20% of the members that viewed.

Gofer

Roy,

I would imagine that a fair number of us are interested, but it will always come down to two things, Price and Style. As Pete pointed out there are some horrendous looking kits out there right now and you couldn't pay me to make them. And as for price ... well we all know everyone has a budget to work with in this addiction.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Bruce

Mr Vic

Although I haven't made any ot the newer gaudy pens that have come out I have tried a few..They look great but on almost all of them the balance is terrible...if you tried to write more then your signature I think you would get a sore wrist...But I'm very interested to see what you can come up with...

OKLAHOMAN

Bruce I hear you. Some of the new component sets look like they took a bullet, a spoon a rock , placed them in a bag shook it and what fell out they brought to the marketplace. We are thinking more of a classic look and let the components not over shadow the blanks but have them compliment them. We also will bring it in as inexpensive as possible but project them being in the same price range as other stainless components and a few dollars .more for titanium.

Quality Pen

Bruce I hear you. Some of the new component sets look like they took a bullet, a spoon a rock , placed them in a bag shook it and what fell out they brought to the marketplace. We are thinking more of a classic look and let the components not over shadow the blanks but have them compliment them. We also will bring it in as inexpensive as possible but project them being in the same price range as other stainless components and a few dollars .more for titanium.
What are the advantages of titanium over the stainless?

Also, how do you think the threading would compare to Constant's rollerballs?

Travis Fry

My one major issue with most kits in what sounds like the same category is that they generally have too much bling. Simple styling is where it's at! Constant's are a notable exception, as is the Atrax. I'd like to see something similar to an Atrax in its simplicity, but with an option for a postable end and a replaceable finial. If it were stainless and engravable, that'd be even better. This is just me, listing my druthers.

Ironwood

Seems I am not alone in having a bit of a distaste for the more blingy offerings.
Simple and stylish does it for me, less is definitely more.

Something else that would interest me if it were available, would be interchangeable clips as an option or purchased separately, and the customizable finial idea I like also.
I am sure the clips would be sought by kitless penturners as well, if they were available.

MikeL

I do have several of the stainless that I have stocked up on when discounted. There have been some outstanding sales. I have one issue with the stainless that I have read others mention. Some type of construction that would make the threading process smoother would be great. I would highly consider purchasing stainless or titanium at full price if the threads are smooth. I also like more meat on the pen body so tube on casting is easier. Thanks for asking for input.

dtswebb

Roy,

I would definitely purchase the kits. At first, just to see the quality and the appearance. After that, future orders would be dependent upon how I feel about the kits. I'm tired of the "latest and greatest" and all the pens that have all sorts of "bling" stuck to them.

Since I turn mostly for hobby, I find myself turning more of what I like than what I think I can sell. El Grande (love a big barrel), Atrax (fairly plain, but with the right wood/plastic/whatever turns your fancy, a beautiful pen), Aero (a great small pen) and Baron.

I hope this works out for you.

Matthew

Quality Pen

I agree with the bling in sorts. Some of this stuff I see from PSI is outrageous. They produce some winners, to be sure, but they produce a LOT of stuff :) .

I'd be interested in a new component set that has a refined elegance and broad appeal... whatever that means!

Any accents that would degrade over time like black chrome would kill it for me.

OKLAHOMAN

So far we have a total of 81 folks that are interested,somewhat interested and interested at $30 and under.
A lot of great feedback. Looks like most would like something with nice classic looks, no bling, maybe have a changeable final and be able to be posted. I will contact my Canadian supplier and see about a sample. Thank one and all for your input we will see if we can make this happen. Keep posting and for you who haven't answered the poll, it's still open.

Dale Lynch

While the thirty dollar pricepoint is out of my range I think a titamium kit would be a great new lighter in weight alternative to other heavier component sets out there.

NittanyLion

My go to pen is the Jr Gent 2, Rhodium, at just under $20. I only make about 4 - 6 a month, but would love to replace it with a solid stainless kit. It's so frustrating trying to find them now and I will not switch until I can find a reliable supplier. If the price point is under $30 and you can keep a constant supply, it should be a home run........ Since it's stainless, it can be hammered and powder coated if someone really wants the gaudy 16th century pewter look

OKLAHOMAN

This might change some minds

An update on the custom component sets that we are GOING to bring to the marketplace. A few days ago I was contacted by a manufactured here in the states with a proposal that just might meet our needs vs the manufacturer in Canada. Pricing would be a factor and it looks like he will keep the pricing within the specks we wanted, below $30.00 and have the ability if we had a customer that wanted his/her own design we might be able to do that also. I will keep everyone posted on the progress. We are looking at early spring for the first run. Let me know any questions or thoughts you may have , we still have time to make additions such as Clip/ No Clip 5MM or 6MM nib on fountain Pens, Postable or non postable. We want your input so we can supply you with the products you want.

Top Bottom