Source for Cocobolo blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

Usually I like to buy wood as rough lumber and cut my own blanks. I have found this to be effective with woods like padauk, zebrawood, and ziricote. I've been wanting to get some Cocobolo, but at $60 per BF I have been having a hard time finding the right piece. Either it has nice figure and is too big, or is the right size but more plain. I recently purchased some blanks from Diamond Tropical Hardwoods off of eBay. Their prices for Cocobolo shake out around 60 per BF and you get a nice variety. I ended up with a little of both their normal grade and their "King" grade. I'm not gonna say the wood is spectacular, but it is really nice and you get a variety of different grain patterns and colors. The King grade is a little nicer and probably worth the couple extra dollars for a lot of 40 or 50. Another big plus is not having to cut the blanks. I had a little mix up with my order, they sent 5/8" rather than 3/4", Kevin made things right with me and I am a very happy customer. Will probably buy from them again in the future.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Cocobolo Turning Blanks

Dehn0045

Haven't had my coffee yet, responded, then realized my response was out of place. Time to make some coffee!

Last edited:
Top Bottom