Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Yes - But consider Antique Brass, Rose Gold or Irridiam

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have recently been pricing restocking of the Rhodium Caballero and have found the price is 70% higher than what I paid for the last order. I am considering replacing the Rhodium with Black Titanium or Gun Metal to keep the Caballero in its current price range. If I stay with Rhodium the retail price will go to $19/$20 each. Black Ti would be about what the Gold Tn sell for now and Gun Metal would likely be slightly less. I could also consider other finishes like Antique Brass and Rose Gold (Rose Gold is made from an alloy of copper and 24KT gold) or iridium.

I am asking for your opinion as to how to go on this.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Chrome is existing

Already have Chrome Mark. Chrome, Gold Tn and Rhodium are the current finishes. I have had Gun Metal in small quantity FP sets.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
How durable is the gun metal as opposed to the rhodium?

Gary
Gun Metal is not as durable as Rhodium some list it as comparable to chrome....and higher than Black Chrome... I put it close to both chrome and black chrome. Less durable than Black Ti. Also Gun Metal costs a bit more than Chrome but s little less than black Ti or Gold Tn and a lot less than Rhodium.

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Decision

Black Ti will be added with Palladium subcoating. Beautiful finish and will be available in FP and RB.

For now Rhodium will be maintained...my current stock was obtained at a lower price and I will hold the price close to current pricing going up a little to price it above the black tn.

I will also look at other finishes for possible future introduction.

Top Bottom