Product Testers Wanted!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krudwig

I have yet to recieve mine, maybe today? I am not sure if there was a tracking number or when it was sent no email or private message but hopefully it will be here soon!

Wheelman

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I know from past experience my mailman gets creative with boxes that won't fit in the mailbox, he's not a fan of getting out of his truck. Maybe tomorrow?

OK, so if you haven't received the sample kit yet (and are one of the first 35 people to sign up), please PM me so I can track it down or get another sent out to you.

Also, when you PM me with your comments and critiques, please post them here also so all IAP members can see them!

These comments are being passed on from Lorbay:

1. What do you think is the BEST qualities about 2P-10 CA glue? It seems to set really fast without the activator
2. What do you think are the WORST qualities about 2P-10 CA glue? Could not find any.
3. What would you suggest to IMPROVE 2P-10 CA glue? Larger bottles of activator.
4. What size bottles would you buy 2P-10 CA glue in or are the offered size bottles good as they are (2.25 oz or 10 oz)? 10 and higher.
5. Would you buy the activator in a larger refill size for the pump sprayer? Yes.
6. Did you have an allergic reaction in any way to the 2P-10 CA glue or activator? No I allways use a fan.
7. Did you tint the 2P-10 CA glue? What did you use for tint? Was it satisfactory? Did not tint.
8. If 2P-10 was offered to IAP members at a discount, what do you think would be a fair price for the CA glue? $2 to $2.50 per oz. For the Activator? $10 for 8oz.
9. If you fine another brand of CA glue to be better, why do you think it is? Most CA glues I buy are very simular to 2P-10.
10. Did you have good or bad results when using the activator? Very rearly with my process.
11. What other uses would you use 2P-10 CA glue for? Most of my woodworking projects.

ken69912001

Received my kit yesterday. But I had surgery on my left eye on Tuesday. So it may be a few more days before I can test this product. And SWMBO is making sure I follow Dr orders

Fordwakeman

I got my kit and have glued up some tubes with the Jel product. my usual process was to use Gorrilla glue to do this so consider that with my comments.

Pros : faster setup and none of the foaming mess to clean up. I've turned 3 of these and the glue appears to have worked great.

Cons: faster setup, of about 10 tubes i glued, I didn't get the tube where I wanted it (I cut my blanks a bit long and trim them) before the glue had set up to the point the tube wouldn't slide in the hole on 2 of them. I think I could work on this, but I thought it was something to note.

I used the debonder to help clean-up the glue on my fingers. It didn't appear to be as effective as other debonders I have used. I don't know if this is the purpose of debonder, but I have used it in the past for cleanup.

One thing I found interesting is there is only one pump sprayer in my kit. It fits the debonder (I used it that way) and it fits the activator. If you were switching the pump back and forth, there is the chance that you would spray debonder on your pen, (residue in the pump) when attached to the activator. Just need to be diligent cleaning the pump sprayer out between switching products. Potential to cross contaminate the products also.

I have plans on using the other products this weekend as a finish and will report back then

Krudwig

I got mine last night and tried it on finishing today. I already had some blanks ready to turn and I had been playing with my new pressure pot and Alumilite for the first time, so i decided to do a worthless wood for my test finish. The only two products i used from the kit was the thin and Medium. so i'll give quick review of those. I had turned the blanks and cleaned with dna and a quick wipe with blo which is my normal treatment. I started with several maybe 8 coats of thin and then an additional 8 coats of medium. Can't say I can tell much about either that was different from the hot stuff I'd been using except the thin was really thin and dried almost too fast. The medium was like the other one as far as I could tell just doing one pen. It may have dried a little quicker too. I will try gluing blanks up with the gel and see how that goes next anyway here is the pen i really thought it turned out nice!

Attachments

• worthless wood two.jpg
    worthless wood two.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 164
  • Worthless wood 1.jpg
    Worthless wood 1.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 168
Fordwakeman;
The pump sprayer in the kit is for the activator and the little brushes in with the screw on cap is for the debonder. Of course, with your comments, maybe FastCap will include two pumps in the kit.
If you found the CA glue drying too fast, don't use the activator until the parts are assembled. You can spray it on after you put the tubes in and it will still work.
The debonder is for anything you want to remove the CA glue from. It is not very strong and you'll need several applications to soften the glue and to remove it. I usually only use it for my fingers!
Picture are encourages! All comments and photos will be forwarded to FastCap!

mtassie

I was doing a circurt board blank and i chip it out, so i used the gel to fill the void and used the accelarator. Worked like a charm! When I went to assemble the cap onto the wall street 3 and notice it fit sloppy so i used the thick ca to glue the cap but i was a little heavy handed and it was real tight when i put them together. I took the debonder and poured some into the the blank with the cap and let it sit a few minutes. Got my pick out and pulled some of that glue out. The debonder works fantactic! Better than the other brands! This is a great kit I love the box it came it, keeps everything organized (as long as I put it back).

Keep the Comments and Critiques coming! The manufacturer, FastCap, is ERY happy with the comments so far and is anxiously awaiting for more and PICTURES. Even if you don't like something about it, TELL THEM!

Dan Masshardt

One comment: It may be the heat/humidity being higher, but this stuff (especially the thin but also medium dries extremely fast with no activator.

I should do a comparison with a couple other brads that I have to see if it's a genuine difference or environmental conditions.

I already mentioned this, but having the tip precut and ready to use is so helpful. I would have a hard time cutting my old bottles at the right size to get the amount of glue I want out. These are just about perfect for me just as they are.

And having the case is not only cool but has proved to be very convenient as I do operations both at the lathe and at the workbench. I can just carry my case wherever.

I'm sure it would be difficult but if the activator could be stored on the case with the stray cap on it, that would be an improvement. The convenience if the case I scampered just a tiny bit by having to screw on the sprayer every time if you're continuing to use the case to keep everything together.

I agree with Dan on the fast drying qualities of this stuff. But could it be that also the refining process makes the thin, super thin, or maybe more pure? Because it actually soaked thru my protective gloves which I haven't had that happen before. As with any new type of ca I have used [2nd or 3rd company] they all seem to have their own unusual properties but I think this might be worth mentioning. I will take a few pictures soon and will continue to comment. I think the learning curve for me has been don't use to much because it does run and move fast, on the thin. The medium is more normal.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I've used my kit a little and so far I'm very pleased with the product.

I glued about 20 wood blanks with the medium glue - it seemed to give me about the same amount of working time as with my normal med CA (Stick Fast). I did not have any problems getting the tubes seated before the glue started setting. It does seem to flow a little easier than the Stick Fast brand which I liked. I did not use the activator - I just let the blanks sit overnight before turning any of them which is my normal practice.

I glued a few wood blanks with the thick glue just to see how it compared to the medium. It did give a little more working time but I'm used to using medium, so I didn't see a great need for the extra time. (I also have a small bottle of Stick Fast thick that I rarely ever use.)

I needed to glue tubes into an Armed Forces - Marine blank from Exotics & I wanted to be sure the symbol would be centered on the tube, so I used the gel glue for these blanks. It's harder to squeeze out a consistent line of this glue onto the tube, so I used a q-tip to spread it out. I really did like the longer working time - I was able to take my time & position the tube exactly where I wanted it in the blank. Again no activator - just let it cure for a couple of days.

I turned this avocado blank that had some tiny worm holes & small voids. When I got it down to final size & started sanding, I let the holes fill with sanding dust then coated them with some of the thin glue. I used the activator which worked great, let it set for about 15 seconds, then turned off the excess glue, finished sanding to 600, and used my normal sanding sealer/friction polish finishing method. I really like the way it turned out.

I tried the debonder to clean my fingers and it worked ok, but I can't say that it worked any better than or different from acetone which I buy by the gallon.

I rarely use CA finish on wood pens, but I will give it a try soon just to see how it works out.

I have not used any of the micro tips yet - I just let the glue flow out of the bottles.

General comments:
1. I was well pleased with the performance of all the glues - very little odor and no problems.
2. I like the fact that the glue bottle tips have a hole & are ready to use. I can never seem to cut the tips off a glue bottle just right.
3. The carry case for the kit is nice, but I would be just as happy with a cheap cardboard box if it would knock a buck or two off the price.
4. I would like to see these glues offered in a 6 oz bottle - at least for the medium & thin viscosity.
5. So far I am inclined to use 2P-10 rather than Stick Fast in the future.

Thanks for the opportunity to participate. I will submit the standard form & possibly offer more comments after I use the products some more.

Edgar

Attachments

• Avocado.jpg
    Avocado.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 178
This buckeye burl barrels were glue in using jel 2p-10 ca after my normal sanding method, was finished with 2 coats of 2p-10 ca thin, 8 coats of medium... after finish sanding and before assemble I found a gap on 1 of the eyes in the lower barrel... which I filled using the jel again and then sanded... then approx. 4 more coats of medium 2p-10 ca sanded again and then buffed... over all after learning the properties of this product I found this ca glue finish was as good as others I have used... but after using it some more I may find it superior to purchase because of the reasons listed below.
1. shelf life 2 years 2.convenience of this well thought out bottle design, needle inside to keep open the tip. 3. the kit holding all the ca products in one organized storage container 4. because it drys so fast it limits the need for accelerator. These are my first impressions and I will post more later. Best regards. Ronnie

Attachments

• 10372994_10202247785938300_8851941365687114653_o.jpg
    10372994_10202247785938300_8851941365687114653_o.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 10293793_10202247785138280_7838106809472529979_o.jpg
    10293793_10202247785138280_7838106809472529979_o.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 158
  • 10258388_10202247786018302_1326130590421563122_o.jpg
    10258388_10202247786018302_1326130590421563122_o.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 159

southernclay

Working on a color fill test will post in the next few days.

On the case a little work with a wizard did the trick. Not the prettiest but works. They just missed molding this for it to fit. On the next round of cases maybe they can change this. So far really liking the glue.

Attachments

• image-29675356.jpg
    image-29675356.jpg
    520.8 KB · Views: 181
  • image-101593631.jpg
    image-101593631.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 183

Sataro

Finally had a chance to try my first pen last night with this ca. Very pleased with the thick ca. Nice not having to cut the tube neck. For thick ca, it did seem to set up quick. Will be experimenting with other pens this weekend. The case is nice to keep the glue in. I would be tempted to switch over to this glue just to keep my glue organized in the case. I have glue bottles spread all over my shelf.

Karl_99

I had a chance to try some of the different grades of 2P-10 CA. I used the gel to glue some tubes in blanks. It was surprisingly hard to squeeze from the bottle. It worked fine, but did take longer to set than brand X thick. I did not use an accelerator. I will try the accelerator with the gel and thick on the next group of tubes.

I used the thin and medium, with BLO, to finish the set of pens pictured. I found them to work great and produce a very smooth finish with no orange peel. It was a breeze to MM and finish with Novus and PlastX.

While the case is nice, it is not something that I need. I stage the different grades of CA at the work stations in my shop where I use them most.

I really like the applicator design and also noticed that this glue seems to have much less odor. Looking forward to trying more!

Rounder

2P-10 PENTURNER QUESTIONNAIRE
1. What do you think is the BEST qualities about 2P-10 CA glue?
It holds what you are gluing where you glue it.

2. What do you think are the WORST qualities about 2P-10 CA glue?
Very little working time on the thinner glues.

3. What would you suggest to IMPROVE 2P-10 CA glue?
Maybe make the bottles a little easier to squeeze, thick and gel glue was hard to squeeze out.

4. What size bottles would you buy 2P-10 CA glue in or are the offered size bottles good as they are (2.25 oz or 10 oz)?
I liked the size that was supplied, 2.25 OZ.

5. Would you buy the activator in a larger refill size for the pump sprayer?
Yes.

6. Did you have an allergic reaction in any way to the 2P-10 CA glue or activator?
No reaction, smell less than other glues used.

7. Did you tint the 2P-10 CA glue? What did you use for tint? Was it satisfactory?
Have never tinted glue. always felt like adding something to the glue would weaken the bonding capabilities.

8. If 2P-10 was offered to IAP members at a discount, what do you think would be a fair price for the CA glue? For the Activator?
$30.00 to $35.00 for the complete kit with packaging. $2 to $3 per ounce on the glue, $8 to $10 on the activator.

9. If you fine another brand of CA glue to be better, why do you think it is?
This product seems better than others I have used.

10. Did you have good or bad results when using the activator?
Good results, no fogging.

11. What other uses would you use 2P-10 CA glue for?
I can see using this product through a whole spectrum of glue repairs, gluing in tubes and pen finishing.

Overall, very good packaging, great design on the caps and not having to cut the tips when opened, thicker viscosity's could use a bottle that is easier to squeeze. I like the product and will continue to use it.

southernclay

I've made several postings on the glue, I think this is my final one. Overall very much like the product.

It does dry faster (good thing) and I noticed today the medium consistency is thinner than another brand I have. I think the smell is also slightly less but usually have mask and fan on. I assume the thinner consistency could help with the speed of drying.

First finish test: CA on antler bolt action: Used thin and medium, 6 coats of each, built up just how I wanted it. Dries fast, one of the fastest CA finishes I've done. Very happy with the result.

Second colorant fill and finish test:

I used the blue and the red colorant as a test. A few things stood out here.
-The working time is very long. When Mark posted about coloring CA I couldn't wrap my mind around it. Watched a video on 2P10s site and exactly as described:
https://www.fastcap.com/estore/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=9913&idcategory=48
Plenty of work time and good results.

-Used the jel, it shrinks fairly heavily so I did fill a couple of times. I can see some of the brass around the red so I didn't apply it perfectly but for a first run I was happy.

-The colorant is very concentrated, don't have to add much to the glue.

-When sanding not a lot of bleed. I was concerned about this, especially mixing colors. I noticed no bleeding.

Sorry for the long rambling, Mark hopefully this helps. Thanks to you as well as FastCap for putting this together, I've enjoyed the thought process and will use the product again. I've fixed a lot of kids toys with it already too!

As a suggestion, I prefer aerosol accelerant but the pump has it's applications to me too. Maybe they can offer an IAP pack of the kits we got, an aerosol accelerator and colorant pack? Not sure that many would want all of that but of the products I could see value in that package. But the prices seem fair, especially at free shipping with $100 order. I could see small regional group buys before club meetings being advantageous.

Thanks again, here are a few pics, let me know if any questions.

Warren

Attachments

• DSCF5840.jpg
    DSCF5840.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCF5801.jpg
    DSCF5801.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCF5790.jpg
    DSCF5790.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF5827.jpg
    DSCF5827.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCF5816.jpg
    DSCF5816.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 161
A review

Having now done a couple of finishes and other applications of 2p-10 this is a review...
1, The shelf life of this product is an asset that is vital in setting this apart from the other ca glue. This bottle design is a help in not having to spend time trying to either cut open the lid or having the glue destroy the pouring tip.
2, The thin is super thin which seems on first use to be uncontrollable. Because I use an applicator that keeps the ca on the surface it required a different process to use it as a finish... it may be a quality that strengthens the material?
3, The jel imho sets too fast for my applications. Could there be also a slow down product like there is an accelerator?
4, A 1 oz bottle might be a help in a purchasing decision because I may not need the larger sizes in the different consistences.
5, Maybe a 8 oz bottle of accelerator might help?... but I didn't need to use it almost at all because of the drying time of the glue.
6, Although it has less of an odor it did still cause my body to react to the ca.
7, Did not need to tint but found the drying time to fast to use paint to mix with it to glue in tube.
8, Normal group discounts or even promote sales on iap site.
9, There is no better ca then this... this is a superior product.
10, The accelerator worked for me even in the applicator that was furnished.
11, I did some quick glue repairs... one was to glue a silicone foot to a cutting board.

The following 2 pens were done using 2p-10 ca as a finish and tube glue up.
I do hope this review is a help to all and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to participate.

Attachments

• 10286735_10202284272290436_2771396191485570768_o.jpg
    10286735_10202284272290436_2771396191485570768_o.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 168
  • 10295279_10202284272090431_2434138567721168770_o.jpg
    10295279_10202284272090431_2434138567721168770_o.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 10372994_10202247785938300_8851941365687114653_o.jpg
    10372994_10202247785938300_8851941365687114653_o.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 177
  • 10293793_10202247785138280_7838106809472529979_o.jpg
    10293793_10202247785138280_7838106809472529979_o.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

Cmiles1985

Swagopenturner said:
Please PM me your mailing address.

Use the following questions as a guide for your critique.

Low odor, quick setting, excellent packaging (bottle design and shipping container)

2. What do you think are the WORST qualities about 2P-10 CA glue? I didn't know about it before this product test!

Possibly and aeresol activator.

4. What size bottles would you buy 2P-10 CA glue in or are the offered size bottles good as they are (2.25 oz or 10 oz)?
Depends on price/oz. I enjoy handling a 2.25 oz bottle much better.

5. Would you buy the activator in a larger refill size for the pump sprayer? Absolutely

6. Did you have an allergic reaction in any way to the 2P-10 CA glue or activator? Not at all.

7. Did you tint the 2P-10 CA glue? What did you use for tint? Was it satisfactory? I have not attempted the tinting...yet. I'll post what I think about it later.

8. If 2P-10 was offered to IAP members at a discount, what do you think would be a fair price for the CA glue? For the Activator? Somewhere between $2.00 to $2.75/oz for glue and around $1.00/oz. for the activator would be very fair for this product.

9. If you fine another brand of CA glue to be better, why do you think it is? The only other brand I've used is StickFast. I've been happy with their product line, but wouldn't consider their products "better".

I have had pretty good results with the activator. No white spots, and i haven't had any chipping or cracking in the couple of blanks I've dropped. I don't think the activator makes for too brittle of a finish.
I have two sons (one 2 and one 10); I have TONS of uses for glue!

I'll say that I've used the Jel a time or two for gluing tubes into blanks. A time or two, I had the blank come loose while on the lathe. I am certain that was due to my gluing ability, not the glue. These were 8 mm tubes that had been drilled with a brad point bit, so the hole was slightly OOR. All of the other tubes I've glued have held well through the turning process.

Thank you to FastCap for allowing us to try this product for free. That is a very generous offer on their part. Thank you Swaggopenturner for connecting us with this manufacturer/supplier.

Docholiday

Love the curing time

I've been very busy with work, but finally got a chance to turn something and test the CA. It gave me an excuse to get some shop time and to try a closed ended pen for the first time. Fit isn't perfect on my first attempt, but the finish is...thanks to this CA. I used a punch as a jam chuck and it wasn't centered perfectly, so it was a little OOR. I'm happy with it as a first attempt though. I used an old Jr Gent 1 kit in case it didn't turn out well. Thanks for the chance to test out this glue. I think it will be my go to CA.

Set time. It seems to cure faster than the EZ-Bond I was using, which I like. The faster the better. I don't like to use much activator, I just wait it out. This stuff is fast enough that I had to change gloves a couple times because the paper towel stuck to my glove before I got rid of it.

None for me. For those that don't move quick when applying it as a finish, the speed of setting could be a negative. For me it's a positive and the reason I would pick this over other brands.

Make a version that's even faster setting? It's pretty good the way it is.

I think these are good sizes

Possibly. I would like to get an aerosol sprayer like many of the others have and pour it in.

6. Did you have an allergic reaction in any way to the 2P-10 CA glue or activator?
No. Same smell as other CA glues I've used. Possibly slightly less odor, but in no way odorless.
7. Did you tint the 2P-10 CA glue? What did you use for tint? Was it satisfactory?
I didn't try tinting the glue.

8. If 2P-10 was offered to IAP members at a discount, what do you think would be a fair price for the CA glue? For the Activator?
I think the EZ Bond brand I was using was around $5 for 2oz and $16 for 8oz so similar pricing would be fair. I think $1/oz is a good price for accelerator, using other brands as a reference.

I think I like this the best, after 1 test of course. Of the few brands I tried previously, I had good luck also with EZ Bond.

Good luck. I think it's milder than the regular EZ Bond accelerator (they also make a mild I haven't tried). With the quick set time on a thin layer you use in finishing, mild is what you want I think. I used 20 coats of CA and only used the activator 4 times or so when it was staying tacky longer than I wanted. It took care of that in a hurry.

Anything super glue can be used for. I glued a magnet back together for the wife, and a puzzle border for the kiddo with good success.

Thanks again for the chance to test the glue. I will probably be a customer if my experience is as good going forward as it was with the first use.

The pen I made is from Okoume. Only the second time I've used this wood. Very soft. It's cool because the light and dark "stripes" change places as you look from different angles (chatoyance?).

Attachments

• IMG_3193.jpg
    IMG_3193.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_3196.jpg
    IMG_3196.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 161

Fordwakeman

Finish

I've been working on some decal pens for our Church youth group. These are some maple with a water float decal. I thought I'd share my thoughts on 2P-10 over decals. Bottom line is it works great.

1. I sanded and sealed my blanks with thin.

2. placed my ink jet decals (that had been sealed with Krylon clear).

3. three coats of Medium

3. three coats of Thick.

My only complaint and its minor, medium seems to soak through the paper towels quicker and I get more glue on my fingers that with other products. I think I could adjust as this is more operator error.

I used the Thick glue and it goes on great.

One question to the group. I've always used aerosol activator, and had to be careful how close I was to the blank when applying it. I tried to stay 18 inches away, too close and I got white cloudy spots. I've used the pump activator in this kit much closer, like 6 inches and no cloudy spots.

I don't know if that is the difference in the product or the method of delivery?

Do others that have used pump activators have issues with cloudly spots?

Anyway the pump sprayer activator with this kit is slowly converting me to pump sprayed activator.

As soon as I finish sanding and assembly I'll post the pictures of my pens.

Thanks for giving me a chance to try this product.

I have found that if you go heavy on the activator, you stand a good chance of having white spots or foam. Go easy on the activator.
I know what you mean about staying a distance away from your project when using aerosol activator. It comes out with too much force and can "push" the CA out of shape.

ChrisN

Well, I've had the exact opposite experience. The activator I had already is Mowhawk brand and is heptane based, and the FastCap activator is acetone based. I placed a drop of glue (I think it was medium) on a plastic bag, and drenched it with the FastCap activator. It cured rapidly, and may have smoked slightly, but no "popcorn". I tried it again with my Mohawk activator, and it smoked and fizzled and turned into popcorn.

Fordwakeman

Pictures

Here are the water float decal pens I am making for our church's young women's youth group that my wife is involved with (going to be Birthday gifts).

I used thin, medium and thick 2p-10 CA glue on these. I also used the accelerator, with no issues.

these are SPW Le Roi (titanium gold and black chrome), the wood is maple.

1 left handed and 3 right handed.

thanks again for letting me review these products.

Attachments

• Picture1 (Large).jpg
    Picture1 (Large).jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 167
  • Picture2 (Large).jpg
    Picture2 (Large).jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 179

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Sorry it took so long to reply

Quick setting, bottle design

2.25 oz bottle or smaller

No

No

No, didn't tint

$3.00 to $4.00 for glue and around $7.00 to $8.00 for 8oz activator

I've always used EZ-Bond and have been happy with it. Never had any problems with it. See no reason to change.

I've never had a problem with activator. I let the CA start to set before applying

Glue blocks

Still awaiting reports from the following: Electricalme (he received his kit really late!), Cschimmel, Ronfinch, Phunky 2003, mmyshrall, novi, Donovan (I'm not sure he has received his kit yet!). dalecamino, mbroberg, Robert Sherlock, Wheelman, ChrisD123, and Bean_Counter.

Please try to test and evaluate the 2P-10 Kit as the manufacturer is anxious to hear your comments.

Carl Fisher

Here is my actual review. I think to this point I've just had various quesitons and comments.

1. What do you think is the BEST qualities about 2P-10 CA glue? Bottle design well thought out. Lower odor than normal CA.
2. What do you think are the WORST qualities about 2P-10 CA glue? None yet pending longer term results of finished pens durability.
3. What would you suggest to IMPROVE 2P-10 CA glue? Sell the activator in larger bottles that can be loaded into a refillable atomizer (sure shot atomizer or equivelant)
4. What size bottles would you buy 2P-10 CA glue in or are the offered size bottles good as they are (2.25 oz or 10 oz)? I typically buy CA in 8oz bottles so 10oz would be adaquate
5. Would you buy the activator in a larger refill size for the pump sprayer? Yes.
6. Did you have an allergic reaction in any way to the 2P-10 CA glue or activator? No
7. Did you tint the 2P-10 CA glue? What did you use for tint? Was it satisfactory? Not yet
8. If 2P-10 was offered to IAP members at a discount, what do you think would be a fair price for the CA glue? $16 per 8oz would be comparable the brand I purchase now For the Activator? $9 for 8oz bottle of would be comparable to the brand I purchase now
9. If you fine another brand of CA glue to be better, why do you think it is? So far I have found that 2P-10 is comparable in quality to my normally used product but higher in quality of packaging and bottle design.
10. Did you have good or bad results when using the activator? Good
11. What other uses would you use 2P-10 CA glue for? Various woodworking and hobby uses as well as household repairs and automotive.

ChrisN

My name's not on the "hall of shame" but I haven't posted a formal review, so here it is:
You can stick things to other things!:eek: The cap with the pin is nice, but somehow I glued the thin glue cap to the bottle.:mad: I'm just generally not a big fan of caps.
No complaints.
Make it so it always goes on perfectly flat and can never be sanded through!:biggrin:
I would really like 4 oz. bottles. The big size gap between 2.5oz and 10oz bottles is not nice. I currently use the 8oz size of another brand, but it has a tendency to thicken before I go through all of it.
If I stick with FastCap, I will use their aerosol can.
No reaction out of the ordinary.
No tinting.
CA - around $2 an ounce. Activator - 12oz aerosol for ~$10
I've had good results with EZBond, but I'm not saying it's better.
It seemed to me to be a "mild" accelerant. Like I posted before:
The activator I had already is Mohawk brand and is heptane based, and the FastCap activator is acetone based. I placed a drop of glue (I think it was medium) on a plastic bag, and drenched it with the FastCap activator. It cured rapidly, and may have smoked slightly, but no "popcorn". I tried it again with my Mohawk activator, and it smoked and fizzled and turned into popcorn.
On my pens, I had no cloudy spots, bubbling, etc.
I used the Jel for gluing up some items around my shop.

Thanks to FastCap and Mark for this opportunity to test this glue!

Phunky_2003

Quicker setting could be a hinderance for some. Lower odor.

Bottles are more stiff making harder to squeeze out.

See #2

I think the sizes offered are good

No. I do not use activator, I am not in that big of a hurry.

No

No tinting.

Free ? Free is always a good discount. If the 10oz was around 15-18 I think that would be a fair price. That is close to what I pay for 8 oz now.

When the humidity is higher here in Texas I have had some CA glues get where they want to turn cloudy instead of drying clear. So I will have to wait and determine that at a later date. But appears to be just as good as my current brand.

I had good results with the activator. I don't have much exp using activator but it seemed to work fine.

I CA'd my wife's foot to the floor of my shop once. I WILL NOT USE IT FOR THAT... I learned my lesson.

JimMills

The Thin sets up really fast without activator.
Nothing....The Thin sets up really fast without activator.
Nothing
4. What size bottles would you buy 2P-10 CA glue in or are the offered size bottles
good as they are (2.25 oz or 10 oz)?
These bottles are the size I would buy.
Yes. As I use CA as a finish on bowls and pens.
No
Mark was kind and sent me some tint to try with the CA, and I used it with
the gel on a students bowl. First time I have used tint with CA, and I liked the
fact that it could be used. Before I had always used Epoxy to fill cracks in bowls
as CA always set up to fast.
8. If 2P-10 was offered to IAP members at a discount, what do you think would be a
fair price for the CA glue? For the Activator?
I have been using Stick Fast at $8.50 for 2.5oz, so a comparable price
would work for me.
None
Good
Used gel to glue tubes in pens that were a bit loose. Worked good, Used
activator on one set, nothing on the other set.
Liked the fact that the caps have pin to keep bottle from gluing itself
closed.
used medium to put a finish on pen, worked as well as other brands I have
used.
Used gel where I would have used Epoxy, and it worked fine. i had never
used gel CA before and find it very useful, I will use it more.
The this sure does set up fast even without activator. ( Faster than any
other CA I have used before.)
Really like the fine tips to put the CA in just the right place.

mmyshrall

Thanks, Mark, for helping make this happen for us. Below is my survey posting.

I really like how the open time on this product can be manipulated by use/non-use of the activator. The glue has not failed and appears to be somewhat less brittle than three other brands that I have tried.

All of my bottles had some glue in the tip when delivered and all expelled some glue upon first opening. This created a mess when I first used them, but I found the overall bottle design to be good. Additionally, the thin has a tendency to rush out of the bottle unless one of the micro tips is in place.

3. What would you suggest to IMPROVE 2P-10 CA glue? Nothing for the glues themselves. I would suggest a case redesign to allow the pump sprayer to be mounted on the activator bottle while in the case.

4. What size bottles would you buy 2P-10 CA glue in or are the offered size bottles good as they are (2.25 oz or 10 oz)? I would buy the medium-gel thicknesses in the 2.25 oz size only but would consider a larger size bottle for the thin 2P-10 glue. I think that given the shelf life claim, 10 oz for thin would be about as large as I would purchase.

5. Would you buy the activator in a larger refill size for the pump sprayer? Yes, I would also buy the debonder in larger size. See notes below.

6. Did you have an allergic reaction in any way to the 2P-10 CA glue or activator? No

7. Did you tint the 2P-10 CA glue? What did you use for tint? Was it satisfactory? Tinting was not attempted.

8. If 2P-10 was offered to IAP members at a discount, what do you think would be a fair price for the CA glue? For the sizes in the supplied kit, I would pay up to $5.00 For the Activator? For the size in the kit, I would pay up to $3.00

9. If you fine another brand of CA glue to be better, why do you think it is? 2P-10 is as good or better than the other CA glues that I have tried. See notes below.

10. Did you have good or bad results when using the activator? Excellent results. See notes below.

11. What other uses would you use 2P-10 CA glue for? I would use for any application where CA's historical trend toward brittleness and shock tolerance would not be a factor.

Other notes:
Initially, I was not sure what the brushes were intended for so I used them just for the debonder application. The brushes were easily knocked from the case when placed on top of the microtips.

I liked the precut tips on the glue bottle except for the initial ejection of glue as described above.

I love the debonder! I put glue on several surfaces (some accidentally, others intentionally) and it did an excellent job of removing the glue.

As a finish, I applied the glue while it was raining and used both the 2P-10 activator and another brand of activator. With high humidity and with both activators, the thin/medium glues provided an excellent finish without cloudiness.

I also liked the fact that the typical off-gassing smell of CA glue was not as prominent as it is with other brands of glue.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
1. What do you think are the BEST qualities about 2P-10 CA glue?

The glue itself was on par with other brands of CA glue I have used. The packaging of the glue is better than most. The design of the cap, which keeps the tip clear from buildup, is very good. The gel does not run at all, which is nice. 2P-10 CA glue sets quickly even without the activator.

When the kit first arrived the cap of the medium was glued onto the bottle. Other than that I had no negative experiences with the glue.

The glue is fine, no improvements necessary.

The bottle size is fine as they are.

Probably not.

No

I did not tint the glue.

8. If 2P-10 was offered to IAP members at a discount, what do you think would be a fair price for the CA glue?

$5.00 for 2.5oz. $20 for 10oz.

9. If you find another brand of CA glue to be better, why do you think it is?

There are no significant differences between the quality of 2P-10 CA glue and other CA glues I have used.

I rarely had to use the activator. When I did the results were as expected.

I would use it for any application calling for CA gue.

Sataro

I like the fast drying times. No activator needed.

None. Really liked the glue.

Glue does not need improved on. Works great as is.

I would buy 2.25 oz size normally. If I had a large order come in, then I would order a 10 oz bottle.

I would probably buy the activator in a larger size.

I did not have any type of reaction to using the 2P-10 glue. It seems the fumes were not as bad as some CA glue that I have used in the past.

I have not had the opportunity yet to try tinting the glue.

8. If 2P-10 was offered to IAP members at a discount, what do you think would be a fair price for the CA glue?

I normally pay around $8.50 per 2.5 oz. The store I purchase it from has discount sales where it is lowered to $5.00 per 2.5 oz. I usually stock up on the sale prices. I think around $5 per 2.5 oz would be a fair discount price to IAP members.

I think 2P-10 CA glue to be as good or better than other brands I have used.

Did not use it very much due to fast dry times. But worked well when I did use it.

Any applications that needed a quick glueing job where I might use a CA type glue for the project.

Thanks for the opportunity to try out this product.

Last edited:

lorbay

Has anyone purchased any of this since the testing. I have noticed it popping up in stores in Canada, but OMG the price of it is crazy. $5.00 an oz. what it is there in the US. The product was good in the testing but not that good to make it any better than other CA glues.

Lin.

Carl Fisher

Quick follow up to my review.

I still really like the Jel for gluing tubes into the blanks.

The caps do manage to glue themselves to the bottle still. Ended up needing 2 pairs of pliers to undo one of the caps but once it was freed up I was able to clean up the tip and all was well again.

Still a better bottle than many other brands though.

I've done quite a few CA finish pens and am happy so far

Top Bottom