No Refill Component Sets

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Since so many here substitute higher end refills for the stock refills that come with the kits. I am kicking around the idea for providing kits with no refills.

I would offer Schmidt 888 roller ball and Schmidt easyFlow 9000 and a higher end Cross style in my store at reasonable prices or buyers who are buying from other sources could continue to do so. (I would only offer one color and probably only medium point - I am not going to get into the refill business.)

What do you think of the idea?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I think it is a good idea because I put a better refill in every pen I sell or give away. I would also think the odds of getting a "fresher" refill would be better. Just one persons opinion.

jeweler53

4240 Wellington Loop SE, Lacey, WA, 98503
I think that to a degree, it depends on the quality of the kit. If I buy a kit that costs in the $10 range, or higher, I am probably putting some pretty nice materials into it and will upgrade the refill.

So yes I sorta like the idea.

How much will I save?
Dick

Last edited:

SteveG

I would want to see a comparison of kit cost with and with out the refill. I doubt that Kit refills for "Parker" and "Cross" styles cost very much, but I do throw away every one of those types of kit refills. I use the Schmidt 888 F that comes with most of my rollerball kits. Any savings is worth while, but is it just pennies?

cwolfs69

i leave the kit refill in the pen until i sell it of give it away. that way the buyer has a chance to write with and get the feel pf the pen. i make sure in discussion or presentation of pens that they understand the feel of the pen is all what they are evaluating at that time. i also keep a few pens handy with upgraded refills in various lines, med, fine, etc. for them to evaluate the refill change. that point, i believe, has made many sales for me in and of itself. you can see the facial expression change when the upgrade refill is used.
that also allows them to choose the ink color and point without feeling that they are putting you out or getting an old refill. also allows customers and you to get into refills and why pens work differently. Roller ball vs ball point, liquid ink vs gel, fountain vs others, etc.

Top Bottom