New web site

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

We've been working on our new site for a while now and are getting to the stage where we need to start adding product to the catagories :biggrin:. We are hoping this site will be soooooo much easier to navagate and much cleaner looking. We hope to have it live in about 2-3 weeks :bananen_smilies104:but before we spend more time loading product we would like to get opinions from the membership. The only two catagories that we have any product on now are Bock nibs and Paul's Vise to give you an idea on how it will look and how to order. Over the next few weeks we will be update it daily so please let us know what you think. Here is the temporary link to the new site: www.bocknibs.com
you can put your comments here or PM us if you want. Thank you Dee and Roy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Glad I saw this Roy. The new site is looking good already. Not sure if I have an account yet.:redface: I'll check into it. Good work!

Roy,

I like the site a lot. Very easy to navigate and find what you are looking for. All it ems / pictures loaded quickly and no formatting issues that I could see at first glance. I like the "current stock level" for each item.

Robert

OOPS

So far I would say its at least a 1,000% better. I just couldn't stand to read rows and rows of text that were all in caps. Drove my eyes crazy. Your new one, in contrast, is easy to read and looks like it will be easy to navigate. Congrats.

Ed McDonnell

A huge improvement Roy. There's got to be an incredible amount of work involved in moving to a new site. Looks like it will be worth it though.

Ed

JohnGreco

Love the new look, but I am also one who has a hard time reading text that is in all caps. On your current site I find myself skipping a lot of text just because I find it too hard on my eyes. Best of luck with getting it all sorted out, I'm sure this is an incredibly huge undertaking!

OKLAHOMAN

Guy's I hear you on all caps as that has been a very bad habit of mine when writing on the computer and it carried over to the old site. I will not make the same mistake on the new site. If I do screw up and revert to all caps anywhere on the site please let me know, check my spelling and grammar.
Do you like the red writing or would blue be better. I feel that the lay-out is so much better and needs no adjustment but do you think so, do you have any thoughts on improving the lay out?

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I haven't looked at the site as yet. But I really like to see "Wish Lists" so I can start an order without having to order until I have one that is worthwhile as far as postal charges are concerned!

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Huge improvement. At first I was a little confused about the stock level indicator. Didn't know if 1 green bar was low, 2 was ok and 3 was plenty, but after looking around realized different colors indicate different levels. Small issue for first time user but thought I would point it out. Keep the clean bright look.

brownsfn2

Really like the website!! One thing I noticed when I browsed it is that I had to go full screen on my web browser so the boxes did not overlap. You might want to see if there is a spot in the shop templates to make the max width something like 1280. It will look nice on a lot more devices that way (tablets, laptops, 15" monitors) :)

Great change though!!

beck3906

I would suggest staying away from blue fonts as this often means a link to another page or site. I usually go clicking there to see what else comes up.

OKLAHOMAN

Well at the rate I'm going by the end of next summer I might have it on line, just kidding I think 3 weeks and I'll be ready to have it beta tested. This is a lot more work than the first one but we have a lot more product, my eyes are starting to rotate so I think I'll call it a day and start again in the morning.
Keep the comment comming as Dee and I are taking them to heart.
Rick good call on the blue fonts, I had not thought of that at all, Bruce I think the product levels will help the buyers as well as us, Red out of stock, Yellow down to the level that I need to order and green stock levels are normal .
Ron we will look into the width of the template.
So far almost all PM's and Email's have liked the white background so that will stay and everyone said they like the lay-out.
Mack, good idea on the wish list, I'll see if it can be done.

Carl Fisher

Like it much better than the old site, but that's been covered already :)

I agree that it needs some sort of static navigation (left side or header) that lets you jump around the site without having to go back to the home page every time.

Also agree that you need to kill the all caps on the product descriptions. I assume you're just copy/pasting from the old site?

Definitely a step in the right direction.

Marc

Your re-design ideas look good to me. I agree about the static navigation on a sidebar - just makes it easier as you drill down into the various sections to get to other sections without having to navigate back to home page.

I imagine existing accounts will be transferred over? Hope so.

I like the products you carry and am looking forward to getting some!

OKLAHOMAN

We have given a lot of thought to a static navigation either on a side bar or across the top. I realize it takes one extra click but with-out the navigation bar on the side or top each page is dedicated to the product , navigating back to the home page categories takes less than a second and if you look at my old site with static navigation on the left it takes up 25% of each page and runs down forever it seems. We're looking to keep it clean, easy to read and navigate. If enough of you think we need a static navigation element we're not opposed to it if we can make it unobtrusive .

Carl Fisher

We have given a lot of thought to a static navigation either on a side bar or across the top. I realize it takes one extra click but with-out the navigation bar on the side or top each page is dedicated to the product , navigating back to the home page categories takes less than a second and if you look at my old site with static navigation on the left it takes up 25% of each page and runs down forever it seems. We're looking to keep it clean, easy to read and navigate. If enough of you think we need a static navigation element we're not opposed to it if we can make it unobtrusive .

If I may, placing at least a category navigation in the red bar under your header would be very unobtrusive and at least allow navigation between categories if not products.

Alternately you are already taking up a left column with the cart, newsletter, and login box. You could very easily add navigation in the same box as the newsletter link or in it's own box just below the shopping cart.

Either option wouldn't take up any more room than you currently do.

OKLAHOMAN

I haven't looked at the site as yet. But I really like to see "Wish Lists" so I can start an order without having to order until I have one that is worthwhile as far as postal charges are concerned!
Mack, we will have Wish List:biggrin::biggrin:
I like it - but clickable links down the side would be nice as well - so I don't have to go back to the main page...
Andrew maybe not on the left but across the top:tongue:

If I may, placing at least a category navigation in the red bar under your header would be very unobtrusive and at least allow navigation between categories if not products.

Alternately you are already taking up a left column with the cart, newsletter, and login box. You could very easily add navigation in the same box as the newsletter link or in it's own box just below the shopping cart.

Either option wouldn't take up any more room than you currently do.

Looks like under the header would work
:wink:

Top Bottom