Votes: 32 60.4%
  • $15 plus

Votes: 15 28.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Over the next year or so I am going to add one or two new offerings and I'm interested in knowing what direction to take.

Your suggestions on what you might like to see would be helpful. Your suggestions on price range would be appreciated too.

Generally speaking I can go with another Dayacom high end offering...but it would need to be something not available elsewhere.

Perhaps the Creekline with a new centerband giving them a little different look.

Or it could be something like the Le Roi Elegant -- a kit that is out there now but with my own twist to make it a little different.

All suggestions would be greatfully appreciated. Thank you.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

OK Smitty I will be the first to bite on this one.

I can see it either way. Over $15 or over say $7.50. You can make a case for the lower price bacause of the "economy" and you can make a case for the higher end kits as more people are trying suppliment their income via shows. It is pretty hard for me at least to make a decent profit on low end kits. I don't know how much say you can have in a design, but if you do, then you might want to look at some vintage pens for design ideas. I tend to think that quality sells so that should be something to look into as well. And no I am not talking about plating. Lord knows we don't need to stir that pot anymore.

knowltoh

Personally, I like the kits in the $5 to $8 range. This is strictly a hobby for me and my pens generally go to fundraisers and friends. I live in a depressed area of Northern Michigan and there is, in my opinion, just not a market for expensive pens.

MarkD

I would really like to see a nice click pen...maybe a click version of a Le Roi Elegant?

BSea

I personally voted for the mid-range price. But I don't have a problem with the higher priced kits too. As far as my preference, I'd like a clicker styled pen, or something like the Jr. Retro. I realize the Jr retro would be in the upper cost area. But those two pens are my favorites.

MartinPens

I would like to see another mid-range to high-end kit. What about the Roman Harvest line? Is anyone able to compete with Timberbits on these? I also like the vintage idea. There seems to be more interest in the forums in that direction.

bitshird

Smitty, I also would like something in the mid price range, possibly even a new high end pen, Emperors are nice, but too close to the untrained eye as the Roman Harvest which is half the price.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Not Sure

I would like to see another mid-range to high-end kit. What about the Roman Harvest line? Is anyone able to compete with Timberbits on these? I also like the vintage idea. There seems to be more interest in the forums in that direction.
I'm not 100% sure but I think these might be an Timberbits exclusive.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
OK Smitty I will be the first to bite on this one.

I can see it either way. Over $15 or over say $7.50. You can make a case for the lower price bacause of the "economy" and you can make a case for the higher end kits as more people are trying suppliment their income via shows. It is pretty hard for me at least to make a decent profit on low end kits. I don't know how much say you can have in a design, but if you do, then you might want to look at some vintage pens for design ideas. I tend to think that quality sells so that should be something to look into as well. And no I am not talking about plating. Lord knows we don't need to stir that pot anymore.
Interesting thought. Vintage look with modern materials. I'm not overly familiar with vintage looks though and what I have seen the differences seem to be subtile.

I can have as much say as I'm willing and able to pay for and can work in quality (both my definition which is meeting specifications and the definition of some others which is in the specifications themselves) as good as my customers are willing and able to pay for.

moke

+1--coudn't say it any better

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
vintage pens

+1--coudn't say it any better
Maybe someone can send me a picture or pictures of some vintage pens and tell me how they differ from modern pens.

OOPS

I applaud the fact that you're consulting with your client base to determine what we want before making the substantial investment. However, I don't usually shop around for "another $8 kit." I am constantly looking for a pen that looks good to me. Once I decide I like the style, THEN I look at the price and decide if its feasible to make some. If its possible, I would like to see four of five style that you are pondering, listed with the price. Then we can quickly give you feedback as to whether we'd purchase them.

Top Bottom