m13 x .8 x 3 lead tap and die set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Is there enough interest in the 13mm x .8 x 3 lead tap and die set to put together a small order? or a large one. I am awaiting a quote but would need close to 12 serious responses to make it worth the order . A yes I would be interested will suffice. Price range is suspected to be close to what I have on my website but should be a couple dollars cheaper on the preorder.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
13mm or 12mm?
Ed
13mm
I already stock the 12mm. I received a request for them today from outside IAP and thought I would put it out there to see if we had enough members who would want one to make a small purchase practical or even carry them as a stock item.

Also if any of you would like a bottoming tap mention that also.

Thanks

jyreene

When I get back. And after I buy my triples from you I will buy one. But that's about a year down the road give or take.

JPMcConnel

Mike put me on the list too; I am the outside IAP who directed the original inquiry to you. Smile.

Pat McConnel

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The original request from Pat was to allow thicker walls for some materials that break easily and a 12mm thread was causing breakage. I have considered adding an 11mm set as well. That way you could choose the cap threads that best suited your pen design but I have not had any requests for that size.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
we have 7 "yes im in" and I will commit to at least 4 if not 5 sets to get us to the 12 unit price break. I probably wont have a price until Tuesday as Monday is Veterans day.

12 units will give us the best price break untill we hit 24.

Curly

I'll take a 13mm set consisting of plug tap, bottom tap, and the die. If you aren't doing the bottom tap then 2 plug taps please. Will the die be 1" or 1 1/2" size? I also want the 11mm set if you ever decide to do them to. Thanks.

wizard

Mike,
I'd be interested in 2 sets of the 13mm x .8 x 3 lead tap and die and one of the 13 mm bottoming taps.
Thanks!
Doc

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I believe that they will be under $130.00 or close to it. The deciding factor will be the die. if its 1 inch or less we should be good. If its 1 1/2 It may be close. I will plan on ordering bottoming taps as well as the standard plug.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Any advantages to a 4 lead set over the 3 lead? Im not against 4 leads I simply carry what is requested by the majority. Im not sure how it would affect the price though.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
3 lead pricing is in. $126.00 plus shipping. Add $6.00 priority shipping or USa for out of the country $9.00? maybe less. Additional bottoming taps will be $75.00 if we only order 6, $63.00 if we order 9
A quick tally shows 8 bottoming taps with mine so I will pop for the extra bottoming tap making sure we get to the 9 quantity price break. The die will be the 1 1/2 inch size. I have asked about a 1 inch die instead. They did make them in the 1 inch size for the 14mm sets we bought one time.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Will do Mark, and I was just notified that the smaller die is available and it cheaper by $10.00

Any last minute Add ons? I will order Friday.

Last edited:

Ed McDonnell

Just to be clear:

Are you going to order the 1" or 1.5" dies? (I'm in if it's a 1" die, not a 1.5").

What would be the price for a tap, additional bottoming tap, die (1") and shipping (US)? It looks like $185 based on what you've posted. I'm in if it's under $200.

When do you want some green sent your way (surely before you order..no?)?

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
With Rich and your order we will be ordering 12 bottoming taps I will pick up any extras but be are pretty close as it is. I doubt we will get to the 24 level which is the next price break.. I will be ordering the 1 inch die rather than the 1.5. I will order them Friday . I will post a final price shortly.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
It looks like we will hit the 24 mark that will reduce the price by about $2.00 on the taps. Currently the price for a plug tap and 1 inch die will run 114.00 plus shipping and the extra bottoming taps will add $53.00 or $167 plus shipping.

(That does include Paypal fees)

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Time frame is 3 weeks mostly because the dies take 2 weeks to make. Then you have shipping time to me and then back out again.

Last edited:

Curly

It looks like we will hit the 24 mark that will reduce the price by about $2.00 on the taps. Currently the price for a plug tap and 1 inch die will run 114.00 plus shipping and the extra plug taps will add $53.00 or $167 plus shipping.

(That does include Paypal fees)

Was that supposed to be Bottom Tap? :)

Prices are fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom