m12 x .8 x 3lead Bottoming tap.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have a request for bottoming taps that match the m12x.8x3 set that I sell. If I can get enough commitments I can get the price down to somewhat reasonable.

If I can get 6 people to get one they will be $73.00 and shipping.
If I can get 12 or more they will drop to around $60.00 and shipping.
If you would like to get a bottoming tap to match your set please post in this thread. I have 3 commitments including myself already.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

It's bad when you can remember.

Mike I might be interested so place me as a maybe.

I have to look through mine to see if I bought 2 plug taps with the intention of turning one into a bottoming tap or if it was the pair of 10mm's that I'm thinking I did it for. :rolleyes:

Pete

Mike I would like to remove my maybe and make it a definitely. :) I'd like to buy a bottoming tap.

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
It appears I will be ordering 6 let me know if anyone else wants in I doubt I will be stocking them

Ed McDonnell

Why do you need the bottoming tap to thread the cap interior? Is it to minimize the visible thread in a cap with a very translucent resin? Do you drill part of your cap at a smaller diameter?

Ed

theidlemind

Why do you need the bottoming tap to thread the cap interior? Is it to minimize the visible thread in a cap with a very translucent resin? Do you drill part of your cap at a smaller diameter?

Ed

My guess is its so you can create a shoulder in the cap and then adjust how far the cap goes on in order to align the blanks.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, custom pens are still on my bucket list.

InvisibleMan

Ed

yep

My guess is its so you can create a shoulder in the cap and then adjust how far the cap goes on in order to align the blanks.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, custom pens are still on my bucket list.

and yep

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
It looks like I will be ordering 6 at least. If you want to add to that nows your chance. I do not see stocking or reordering these bottom taps again.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Done Rick, They should be done and delivered to me by early next week. I will pm or email costs at that time;

Top Bottom