m10 x .75 triple lead taps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Would you be interested in a 10mm triple lead tap/die set

• No I dont need anymore sizes or wouldnt use it.

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Yes I would take one immediatly

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Yes I would take one in the next couple of months

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • I would consider it but dont want one right now.

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I was asked earlier this year if I would consider getting the 10mm x .75 triple lead tap and die sets. I need to determine if there is enough interest to order the new size. The cost would be apx $130.00 and I would need 10 - 12 commitments to make it happen. This size would be for the smaller rollerball and Fountain pen sizes. If you would be interested but the timing isn't right I probably wont order them until after the new year.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Yes it would be for small diameter pens 13mm or less od for the cap (.512) I think I did one that was 7/16 od with a 10mm single point thread at one time.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The poll has a little over 10 days to go but there is enough interest that I will order at least a dozen of them after the first of the year. I have already contacted Tapco for a firm quote.

Mike

Curly

mredburn said:
The poll has a little over 10 days to go but there is enough interest that I will order at least a dozen of them after the first of the year. I have already contacted Tapco for a firm quote.

Mike

Well put me down as first on the list for a set. A birthday gift for myself. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner because I can't reach my desktop!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Bill
My thought was the m10 x.5 would be very fine on a 3 lead tap adn easily stripped in the cutting process. I requested a quote from tapco on .75 and .8 and there was no difference in price. I favor the .75 but if athere was an arguement that favored the .5 pitch Im willing to consider it before I order them.

SDB777

Being completely in the dark about what size taps to get....what would the pen size be using this set-up(ie...about the size of a "___________" pen kit)?

I'd like to stay with the Baron/Sedona/Navigator bodies....would this set work?

Scott (gotta learn to clip 'um too) B

leehljp

Member Liaison
If it is not too late, I will be in for a set.

I checked "Next couple of months" because I was thinking that is probably how long it would take to get it. However, I will take it when it come in if it is earlier.
Let me know when you need the money.

Thanks!

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I plan on ordering them after Christmas but delivery wont be until mid January with the holidays. I have a firm quote on them. I plan on ordering 12 minimum and most likely 24.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The tap and die sets are ordered. I have ordered 24 sets so there are some extras. The cost is $10.00 less than anticipated. $120.00 including shipping. THey will be available later if you dont get one but they will be more expensive. $135.00 plus shipping. delivery is expected to me at the end of this month.

lorbay

I think I answered your poll but did not say I wanted them in the thread but I do want a set. + I am sure I will have to pay more for shipping.
Lin.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Shipping to Canada is no more than Priroity Mail in most cases because there is very little weight. Australia adds $3.00
I had 10 solid commitments between the poll and PM's so there should be 14 extra sets at this time.

NOTICE!

I have edited some information and will start a new thread in the classified section as this thread is crossing over into that area. Thank you all for your input.

Last edited:
Top Bottom