• A logo but not a name on the clip

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • A logo but not a name on the centerband

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • no logo at all

Votes: 44 83.0%

• Total voters

OKLAHOMAN

We're in the process of developing our own high end line of component pens to be marketed on Classic Nib.
Up until recent most know I did art shows and a logo on my pens would have been a distinguishing market strategy. Now that I no longer will be doing shows and will be offering these to you for resale I'm second guessing the logo.
These component sets will be silver, not silver plated but silver and the logo will be on the clip or centerband something simular to the arrow for Parker, not a name or set of letters but an identifing mark.
Let me know your thoughts.

The one poll answer I left out was would you want a clip that you could have your logo put on.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I would not like having your logo on a pen that I turn and sell in an obvious area because that makes it look to the customer in a stronger sense that I may have just bought your pen and am reselling it, no matter what I say about making it. I love the idea of you having your own, and I want to do the same one day for myself, but as far as buying a component set with your logo, I do not believe that I would do that. I don't like the Dayacom name being on the back of the Jr. Statesman, but there is nothing I can do about it without buying a different clip.

David

OKLAHOMAN

These component sets will not be mass produced, so the Logo if its a symbol might just make it more appealing, maybe not.

ashaw

Once you put a logo on the pen. I ties that pen to you not to the person making the pen. If you were the only one making it and selling it than the logo is great.

jasontg99

Roy,

I say no logo. Kind of like the discussion a while back about putting IAP on a business card. Why would I want to provide someone the source of all my materials and the cost of said materials?

Jason

SteveG

My "component set buying dollars" will be FAR less likely to go to you (and what I feel sure will be excellent, high end components) if there is a logo.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Logo

Roy, I would not include the logo or name on component sets for sale. The buyer is making an item to represent as his/her creation and I think they will hesitate to buy something that displays another company's logo.

Joe Burns

Solid silver pen components would be something I would be very interested in. Having a logo or trade name on it would keep me from considering it as an option for me.

Joe

OKLAHOMAN

Now it seems overwhelming no logo....so for Classic's there will be none, but would you be intresrested in being able to apply your own?

Now it seems overwhelming no logo....so for Classic's there will be none, but would you be intresrested in being able to apply your own?

YES!!!!!! I would love that option! I don't know how often I would be able to buy it, but if I were able I would! It depends on what areas of the market I feel like I should go after, but if I did go that high end, which I am really considering, I would really want to be able to put my logo on it!!! That would be GREAT! Ok, as you can tell I like that idea. :biggrin:

Btw, would you sell a set of componets and would they all be silver or just the clip? Thanks!
David

Last edited:

OKLAHOMAN

YES!!!!!! I would love that option! I don't know how often I would be able to buy it, but if I were able I would! It depends on what areas of the market I feel like I should go after, but if I did go that high end, which I am really considering, I would really want to be able to put my logo on it!!! That would be GREAT! Ok, as you can tell I like that idea. :biggrin:

Btw, would you sell a set of componets and would they all be silver or just the clip? Thanks!
David

David, this will be a complete component set.

:biggrin:

YES!!!!!! I would love that option! I don't know how often I would be able to buy it, but if I were able I would! It depends on what areas of the market I feel like I should go after, but if I did go that high end, which I am really considering, I would really want to be able to put my logo on it!!! That would be GREAT! Ok, as you can tell I like that idea.

David

David, this will be a complete component set.

All the better, and I think worth the extra cost! :biggrin:

David

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Now it seems overwhelming no logo....so for Classic's there will be none, (Good Decision!) but would you be intresrested in being able to apply your own? (Yes!, depending, of course, on how it looks. I don't like those big round, button-type logos on clips.)

Andrew_K99

A thought I had awhile ago but didn't think to write down.

The clips you and IPD sells, could those be personalized before coating? Are you the ones that organize the coating of them in the US? If so I think this might be a fantastic item for kitless makers!

AK

Top Bottom