Interested in domestic wood blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MikeinSC

I'd like to see how much interest there would be in blanks made of domestic wood. I quite literally have tons of wood. The current inventory is about 15 different kinds, some with more availability than others.

The blanks are oven dried, weighed, cut oversized to allow for warping when dried and can be cut for either pens, calls or bottlestoppers.

The tree list--

Pecan
Eastern Red Cedar
Judas Tree (very limited)
Sweet Gum
Southern Magnolia
River Birch
Red Maple
Laurel Oak
Live Oak
Turkey Oak
Water Oak
Bradford Pear
Hickory
Crepe Myrtle ( very limited)
Walnut
Cypress
Black Tupelo

I also have a large selection of Poplar that I have collected from a local sawmill.

A small portion of the lot.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Some yes, some no. Also depends on the grain and patterns, if any. The plainer woods probably would sell as larger spindles as Dan suggests. Definately the Crepe Myrtle!

MikeinSC

Thats actually the reason for this thread and I forgot to mention price. I was looking at $3/each as a fair price for both seller and buyer. A majority of the blanks I buy average $5.

Dan Masshardt

Thats actually the reason for this thread and I forgot to mention price. I was looking at $3/each as a fair price for both seller and buyer. A majority of the blanks I buy average $5.

For pen blanks?

How much for call size if peppermill size?

Woodturningz is carrying some spindles for price comparison.

MikeinSC

What would everyone consider a fair price for blanks that aren't typically commercially available?

gimpy

For pen blanks?

How much for call size if peppermill size?

Woodturningz is carrying some spindles for price comparison.

Dan, here is where I purchase my peppermill blanks

About Us

Nice folks, great timber, waxed, and green

mjrbuzz

do you have any pretty Magnolia? Thats my daughters name and i wanted to make a few pens for the recent family.

Top Bottom