Inexpensive source for Rigid/shopvac filters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

It looks like Home Depot has just about the lowest prices on these. I just use the plain-old, blue one (about $15).

I wouldn't mind buying 5 or 10 if it translates into a decent discount.

Maybe you guys/gals know of a less costly source.

Thank you!

I own two Rigid models (the largest ones).

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Tony;
Save yourself some money by spending a little more now. Get the CleanStream wet/dry vac filter. It is a reuseable, gore-tex , HEPA filter. They cost between $35 - 50.00 but last for years! Just wash it out and let it dry. Well worth the money!

That's the one. Just make sure you get the right one to fit your vac. Take your old filter with you. (They always love that at the store!) I bought two about five years ago and the ShopVac died before I could start to use the second one. Had a Crapsman vac given to me a year ago, installed one of these right away, and am still using the same filter. Not only will your throat thank you for the HEPA filtration, but you no longer have to buy a new filter every six months. Just wash it out (NOT in the sink). How do you like the Ridgid vacs?

TonyL

Rigid

That's the one. Just make sure you get the right one to fit your vac. Take your old filter with you. (They always love that at the store!) I bought two about five years ago and the ShopVac died before I could start to use the second one. Had a Crapsman vac given to me a year ago, installed one of these right away, and am still using the same filter. Not only will your throat thank you for the HEPA filtration, but you no longer have to buy a new filter every six months. Just wash it out (NOT in the sink). How do you like the Ridgid vacs?

I have the two largest ones. I love them. But I can see needing something
more centralized and powerful even though I am just turning pens.

wouldentu2?

I bought the 49 dollar one and put it on a five gallon bucket I had. It was on sale for 35 at woodcraft. They also have one with wheels but my vac hangs on a wall so it never moves.

Tony;
I strongly suggest a real dust collector even if it is just for turning. Wet/Dry vacs usually just don't stand up to the continuous use and don't move enough air. Most shop vacs only have a 100 cfm or so. The cheapest 1 hp dust collector usually sucks 1500 cfm or so. That makes a world of difference around the lathe, band saw or any other tool you use. It also takes up the same amount of room as a shop vac with a Dust Deputy!

TonyL

I agree that is the route that I am going to go eventually. Not sure how long I will be doing this. We will see. I did buy the better vacuum filter and it did make a difference around my lathe. Thanks for the sound advice.

Top Bottom