Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Would you buy them?

• Yes

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 94.9%

• Total voters

KnB Polymers

I am considering purchasing the whole perfume applicator pen kit, making polymer clay tubes for them and offering the whole kit with the tubes for $25 plus frb shipping. I don't know how much you guys sell these for, but before I go and buy a lot of these kits, I would like to know who would be willing to buy them for this amount.
Please vote! :biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

:frown::frown: Here is a tough love answer!! In ten + years of making these I have never sold one!! I give them away as gifts. If someone is going to spend $25 on a perfume holder, plus shipping, plus having to go out and buy the perfume and put it in themselves. They are going to watch for the sales and going to buy there perfume in those fancy little crystal holders at there local stores. People will however spend that kind of money on a custom pen. Sorry, but thats my take on the subject. Jim S

Last edited:

KnB Polymers

Thanks!

Thanks for your inputs! That's what I needed to know. That's the lowest I would be able to go on them and I didn't want to go buy a bunch and be stuck with them. :eek:

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Like everything in sales..depends on location, the crowd, time of year, etc etc...

I have sold lots of the perfume pens over the years, but we get a lot of tourists around here...so lots of people will buy them because they are allowed on airplane flights...

Also, I go for the profit made in quantity sales...ie, i lowered my price to $20 each (the cost of the kits are really fairly low, especially when purchased in quantity from one of our good vendors here)...

And I do think your blanks are totally awesome and would love to have a few to try the market with, but your bottom line (while fully understandable) leaves a question in this economy.

I saw the perf pens you made (incredibly beautiful in my opinion...really eye catching)...
if you don't mind my asking, have you sold the one's you made...and how much do you sell them for..??

ALexG

I've sold a few, but the common comment from women is that good perfumes comes with the atomizer that you can't remove from the bottle in order to dip the pen, so they can't use it

plantman

:at-wits-end::at-wits-end: AlexG's reply brought to mind something that happened to my wife several weeks ago. She had a very well known perfume in a cut lead crystal bottle shaped like a heart with a sterling silver top. When she brought it to the perfume counter were she purchased it, they said they could not fill it and she would have to buy a new bottle. This large store refills perfume bottles on a daily bases. I carefuly disasembled and checked the bottle when she returned home. Come to find out, instead of screwing on the silver top, they pressed it over a lip on the crystal bottle making it impossable to remove without destroying the cap or the crystal. Now that's Marketing!!!
Jim S

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
:at-wits-end::at-wits-end: AlexG's reply brought to mind something that happened to my wife several weeks ago. She had a very well known perfume in a cut lead crystal bottle shaped like a heart with a sterling silver top. When she brought it to the perfume counter were she purchased it, they said they could not fill it and she would have to buy a new bottle. This large store refills perfume bottles on a daily bases. I carefuly disasembled and checked the bottle when she returned home. Come to find out, instead of screwing on the silver top, they pressed it over a lip on the crystal bottle making it impossable to remove without destroying the cap or the crystal. Now that's Marketing!!!
Jim S
Hmmmm....they were obviously charging a lot more for the perfume in that bottle than perfume.....

Years ago when I was in the Navy while on a Med Cruise, I purchased some very expensive French Perfumes (Lanvin and Chanel) (interestingly in the USA they were about as expensive in the 50s as they are today - probably differences in import duties) for about 1/5th of the price for the same stuff here. At that time women almost always - A) dressed when they went out on dates and B) used perfume when they dressed. Today's dates are usually much more casual and perfume is not used much. I suspect that men today use fragrences more often then women.

Last edited:
Top Bottom