???? Does anyone know what this wood is ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

shadetree_1

Hi folks,

A friend that is a landscaper dropped this in my lap this morning and I have no idea what it is, he did not know, so I am at a loss as to what it is, Do you know?????

It looks like it will make some stunning pens!!!!

Thanks

Joe and Linda:)

Attachments

• 100_8795.jpg
    100_8795.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 100_8796.jpg
    100_8796.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 188
  • 100_8797.jpg
    100_8797.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 192
  • 100_8798.jpg
    100_8798.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 173
  • 100_8799.jpg
    100_8799.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 100_8800.jpg
    100_8800.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 205
  • 100_8801.jpg
    100_8801.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 100_8802.jpg
    100_8802.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 100_8803.jpg
    100_8803.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 100_8804.jpg
    100_8804.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 100_8805.jpg
    100_8805.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 159
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

shadetree_1

I spent several hours today with a tree man and we looked at and compared a lot of wood and he says it is Ash. So I guess we'll call it Ash!

Thanks folks

Joe and Linda

shadetree_1

Send it to me I will do some DNA testing on it along with some non destructive testing on my rotary cutting device.

Bill

Sure Bill,

I can see you now, hunched over the " rotary cutting device " doing your best to be nondestructive!! Ha Ha! I am doing my own DNA (Denatured Achohol ) testing as we speak, drying them out and hopefully in a few days I'll have some ready for "testing".

If you wish to take part in the testing, you can do your part by boxing up your old, used, wore out "rotary cutting device" and ship it to Arizona so that I may do a more through test! Untill you can see your way clear to do that you will just have to keep a tissue handy to wipe the drool off your chin!

Have faith folks, I' am drying a good sized batch and after I give them a little touch of soaking in a 50/50 mixture of deft lacquer and thinner to help stabilize them, I'll have some ready for you to "test".

Thanks

Joe and Linda:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

NC Wood Art

Just a lil poke of fun at you Joe, come on admit it you smiled when you read my post. I was laughing as I thought up the witty comment, I crack myself up sometimes esp the DNA testing part..

Put me down as a first dibs on prepared blanks.

Bill

shadetree_1

Just a lil poke of fun at you Joe, come on admit it you smiled when you read my post. I was laughing as I thought up the witty comment, I crack myself up sometimes esp the DNA testing part..

Put me down as a first dibs on prepared blanks.

Bill

Oh I got it alright! And I was laughing just a much when I told you to pack up your old , used and wore out rotary cutting devive, I figured you would get a kick out of that !!:biggrin:

Joe and Linda:)

robutacion

I spent several hours today with a tree man and we looked at and compared a lot of wood and he says it is Ash. So I guess we'll call it Ash!

Thanks folks

Joe and Linda

Hahahah, I just read the posts after mine and apart from being right (again...!:wink::RockOn:), I got a good laugh out of the jokes exchanged within. Nice to see that people still know how to have a laugh every so often...!

Cheers
George

shadetree_1

Thanks folks

Joe and Linda

Hahahah, I just read the posts after mine and apart from being right (again...!:wink::RockOn:), I got a good laugh out of the jokes exchanged within. Nice to see that people still know how to have a laugh every so often...!

Cheers
George

I know I'm an old fart and have selective hearing and can't see worth a darn and have CRS, BUT if you can't take a joke and laugh and kid around with each other and have a little fun with each other then I don't see a whole lot of sense in even being alive !!!

Life is to short to not have a sense of humor in my book, after my heart surgery I decided that I have 2 rules in my life, Number one is 'You don't sweat the small stuff" and Number 2 is " If you stop and step back and take a look at things, in the grand scheme of things, IT'S ALL SMALL STUFF " !!!!!

Relax, kick back and enjoy the time you have !!!!!!!!!

Joe and Linda:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom