Cross Style Refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Here is a simple question....I am working on a new 'high' end pen design using cross style refills and want to get the best possible refills for it. So I have a simple question what is the best cross style refill you have come across?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Tried 3 different high-end brands and including Cross (OEM), and can't find one that I like. Interestingly, I find the stock kit refill to leak less than the high-end refills including Cross. When I sell a Cross-style pen, I replace the refill with a Cross or MW, and include the stock refill as an extra. I would love to find one that I like.

Carl Fisher

Montverde or Cross are the best I've used but unfortunately they are still cross refills.

I find that both of these are a touch smoother than the private reserve and at least should be full when you use them vs the junk that comes in the kits that may or may not be full or dried up.

mecompco

I'm not happy with the Cross brand refills I'm using. I write on a lot of sticky notes in my job and sometimes the pen just refuses to write on them. What's up with that? If I'm having the issue, I'm sure those I give/sell pens to will as well.

Regards,
Michael

Hubert H

Monteverdi medium point is a nice refill however most of my cross type pens go with a Fisher refill. I am not one of the pen makers who belittle the Cross type pen. Most of the pens I make are not this type of pen, however, the people who like this type of pen will often choose it over a Roller Ball. Interesting isn't it.

TurtleTom

Monteverdi medium point is a nice refill however most of my cross type pens go with a Fisher refill. I am not one of the pen makers who belittle the Cross type pen. Most of the pens I make are not this type of pen, however, the people who like this type of pen will often choose it over a Roller Ball. Interesting isn't it.

How do you adapt the Fisher refill to a Cross type (read, screw on) pen?

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hey folks...what I asked is the best Cross style refills people had used...not for alternatives. I fully understand there are alternate choices that are better than Cross style.

builtbybill

Hey folks...what I asked is the best Cross style refills people had used...not for alternatives. I fully understand there are alternate choices that are better than Cross style.

Sorry for the suggestion...in that case I just use the Private Reserve ones and have not had any problems.

Top Bottom