Cross Refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
In your experience, who is making the best cross style refills. The ones that come with the kits are mostly so-so. Schmidt seems decent my wife thinks it compares to, but doesn't quite equal, the gel of her Slimline Pro Gel.
I don't have any experience with any other cross style refills so mayve you can educate me.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
In your experience, who is making the best cross style refills. The ones that come with the kits are mostly so-so. Schmidt seems decent my wife thinks it compares to, but doesn't quite equal, the gel of her Slimline Pro Gel.
I don't have any experience with any other cross style refills so mayve you can educate me.

Very interesting, Smitty.

Schmidt tells me they don't MAKE a cross fitting refill. Who is selling such a beast?

PenMan1

Smitty:
Try Monteverde or Fisher . I prefer the Monteverde, but some customers like the Fisher (they may actually just like the fact that it went to the moon). IMHO, the Monteverde is light years better than the next "closest" competitor

Amazon and eBay are both sources for Monteverde and Fisher. If you need a good many, Richard Greenwald has a good price on the Monteverde.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Very interesting, Smitty.

Schmidt tells me they don't MAKE a cross fitting refill. Who is selling such a beast?
I got the refill from you Ed, I got it as part of the first sample sets you were selling a couple of years ago since the other refills were the easyflow 9000 I just assumed it was a Schmidt.

BigE

MonteVerde has been my favorite thus far. PenRefillsNow used to make one called silk I believe that wrote really well, but I have no idea where to get it now.

penmaker56

Schmidt stopped making a Cross style refill years ago, simply because of economic reasons, it doesn't sell in the sufficient quantities, the same reason that they stop making a mechanism...they even have mechanisms listed in their catalog and will not make them because they don't have enough orders to make it economically feasible.

The Monteverde Cross style refill is a excellent substitution for the original Cross style refill.

Top Bottom