• Price range - more than $15.00

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Dayacom offers what they call the Cigar Americana which is a Cigar Style kit that comes in both Fountain and Rollerball configuration. It's appearance is pretty much like other cigar style pens.

The thing that is a little different is that both the fountain and rollerball use ink cartridges or can have a converter installed and be filled from a bottle.

They are available in 24K Gold and Chrome.

Which, if any, of these would you be likely to buy if I offered them for sale.

Please select all that you would be likely to buy and the price range you'd be willing to pay to help me determine if I should add this to my inventory.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I'd like ( and voted for ) a Chrome FP and RB. I'd like to see a picture to see how well they match as a set.
Price tends to be indicative of quality so I voted for more than $15. But of course, just because I voted for that price wouldn't mean they would increase the quality to match the price.
I'd rather pay more for good stuff than less for poor stuff.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Be aware, Smitty. Similar were available years ago, they had metal on metal threads. Not trying to discourage you, just go in with your eyes open!!

Ed

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Might be the same

I wouldn't be surprised if these are the same kits and I really have not checked anything about them yet, I only know that the cigar style seem to be fairly popular and they do hold pretty well to the style. If I try them it will be with a small order first.

Dale Lynch

Timberbits sells the cigar americana $8.I've put one together as well.They are a good little pen.I made the chrome fountain version.The metal on metal threads don't hold well by themselves,you need the O-rings for the cap to have a solid hold.The black accent bands have a flat black textured appearance.To mach the O-rings I guess.Quality of machining and chrome plating is excellent.

Like I said they are good little pens.Great for those who have dainty hands.If the issues with the threads and accent rings were fixed it would become a great little pen.

blade.white

1960 Diplomat View, Colorado Springs, CO 80905
I like the kits pretty well, except for the plastic nib on the RB. The kit itself is short after completetion, too short for a converter pump. You are basicly stuck with disposable refills. If you buy some 10 inch 10mm tubes, you could lenghten the kit. I have used the long tube from a cigar kit but it is still not long enough for the converter pumps. I get mine from Timberbits for around $8 a kit. My favorite part about the kits is the o-ring which I feel secures the cap better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom