Is anyone interested in Corian blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Dunn Jr

I have a fair amount of 1/2" and 3/4" Corian and I was wondering if it would be worth my time to cut it up into blanks.

The 3/4" came from the factory that dimension, it is not glued up pieces.

I have fairly large pieces of both thicknesses although the 1/2" colors are mostly rather plain. I have a very large amount of white 3/4".

I would probably sell the 1/2" in lots of various colors and the 3/4" in boxes of 22 pieces in colors of the buyers choice depending on my supply.

I sold some 3/4" a number of years ago and there was a decent amount of interest in it back then.

Thanks for any input.

Bill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Bill Dunn Jr

Thanks for the replies everyone. Here is a picture of the colors I am willing to part with. I found a few remnants lying around the shop.

The pink on the right is what I have the least of.

thebillofwrites - I believe that I have both of those colors. Pretty sure the white which is the second one down in the pic is glacier and the next one is cameo.

I'm thinking $2 per blank since this stuff is becoming harder to find. Is that reasonable? Shipping for a small flat rate box is still around $5-6 I think. I can fit 22 pieces in a box if I remember correctly.

I'll probably cut some up this weekend. I'll post a thread in the "for sale" forum when ready and PM all of you.

Thanks again,

Bill

Attachments

• pen blanks 2017.jpg
    pen blanks 2017.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:

Bill Dunn Jr

Here are a few examples of things I made using the 1/2" Corian.

Bill

Attachments

• corian ornament 3.jpg
    corian ornament 3.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 284
  • Corian box closed.jpg
    Corian box closed.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 289
  • Corian box open.jpg
    Corian box open.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 304
  • White Corian box.jpg
    White Corian box.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 274

Charlie_W

As I recall, the gray and black were called Sierra Dusk and Sierra Midnight. The light brown may be Sierra Sandstone.
Yup, worked with the Cameo White, Glacier White and also Dawn Beige and others years ago.
The 3/4" with a built up edge made for some heavy countertops. Also attended the Corian Training Center in Kennett Square, PA a couple of times.
DuPont even had some cast Corian bathtubs back then as well as the sinks.

Terredax

Banned
There are two companies we know of that make solid surface in several different thicknesses up to 1-1/2". Yes, that's one and a half inches thick.
We haven't used any of that thickness, but we found it interesting that it was available.

There is a company, Gemstone, that used to make solid surface sheets, but they have since, only continued making sinks. We have several sheets that are marked with the Gemstone name and logo.

For those that might be interested in larger sheets, keep in mind that this stuff is heavy and the weight increases substantially with the thickness. Shipping becomes costly when not being able to utilize the flat rate shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom