Anybody know what this is?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadetree_1

Hi folks,

Just wanted to see if anyone knows what these are made from and see if there might be an interest in them as pen blanks,(yes I know what it is) it is a bark, the question is What kind of bark? And do you guys think they would make a good looking pen???

The first person to guess correctly what bark they are made from will get 2 free blanks (you have to pay the postage).

These have been lightly stabilized by soaking in a 50/50 mixture of Deft Lacquer and Lacquer thinner overnite.

This is a 2 part question folks! Do you think it would make a good looking pen ?????

Thanks

Joe and Linda:)

Attachments

• 100_8751.jpg
    100_8751.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

xxShadowxx

i have some non stabilized, blue-atlas cedar with the same bark patterns :biggrin:

and they made a nice pen :biggrin:

Last edited:

shadetree_1

Andrew K99 you got it my friend !!! PM me your address and I'll get them in the mail.

Now that the what has been answered, Who thinks they would make a nice pen ???

I can make them in 3/4 or 7/8" and they should run about $1.75 to $2 apiece

Any interest??

Thanks

Joe and Linda

Andrew_K99

Woohoo!! Yay me!

Thanks for the wonderful offer, as I am north of the border and shipping will be double feel free to send them to the first person (in the US) that quotes this response or whom you see fit.

Thanks again!!

Last edited:

shadetree_1

Woohoo!! Yay me!

Thanks for the wonderful offer, as I am north of the border and shipping will be double feel free to send them to the first person (in the US) that quotes this response or whom you see fit.

Thanks again!!

I would like to try them

Pm me your info my friend and they are yours! I have 3 more for anyone that would like to try them, the first 3 replys get them! remember you pay the shipping (should be about $3 I think)

Joe

Last edited:

shadetree_1

Hi folks,
I am making some today and as soon as I get them stabilized I'll put them in the Premium classifieds, They will be about $2.25 each. They will have to soak overnite in a 50/50 mixture of Deft Lacquer and Lacquer thinner. That will harden them pretty good.

They are Ponderosa Pine bark, these all come from trees that were killed in Arizonas largest wildfire this year, the Wallow fire, these are salvage, no trees were cut down to get them.

Thanks

Joe and Linda

shadetree_1

Hi Andrew,

I am unable to turn anymore my friend, with all the bills from Lindas COPD they had to go, but I just know they are going to be real neat looking. Sorry

Joe and Linda

shadetree_1

For those of you who expressed on an interest in these, I now have some ready and they are posted in the premium classifieds for $2 each. I gave a few away and have seen a couple turned and they look darn nice.

Thanks

Joe and Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom