Aluminum Anodizing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pentatonik

Would anybody be interested if I started an Anodizing service for Aluminum pens? Including shipping (both to me and to you), I was thinking somewhere in the vein of $15 for each set of already turned blanks. If you sent more than one set of blanks shipping would be combined. I came up with this price like this (just in case you feel I need to justify it): $5 for shipping each way (priority flat rate) for a total of $10, and $5 for the actual anodixing service. Would anybody have a use for my services?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pentatonik

Right now, I'm not able to do colors. All I can do is two shades. One is kind of a gray color, and the other makes it kind of a green tint. I will try and post pictures of the difference between the two as soon as I can.

BradG

I am curious as to why you are offering a grey or a green tint? ... as any coloration would be by absorption of a pigment into the oxidised layer. what exactly is being absorbed to make it grey or tinted green?

How are you sealing your pieces and what thickness are you anodising to?

Pentatonik

It's the type of acid used that causes the slightly different color. The anodizing is done at my work... I am not going about this incorrectly I assure you. However, I do greatly prefer the non-green shade anodize. I've never actually used the green on a pen but I see it parts that I process every day with it and I am not a fan.

Pentatonik

I am curious as to why you are offering a grey or a green tint? ... as any coloration would be by absorption of a pigment into the oxidised layer. what exactly is being absorbed to make it grey or tinted green?

How are you sealing your pieces and what thickness are you anodising to?

I seal with hot water that is just below boiling temperature. I beleive the thickness of the anodize is .0003"

Top Bottom