Wanted

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have a MT1 lathe and it is hard to find things to fit it. I am looking for an adapter to go from a MT1 lathe to be able to use MT 2 accessories. Easy to find an adapter to go from MT2 to MT1 but I can't find one to go the other way. If anybody has an adapter for a MT1 lathe to be able to use with MT2 accessories or if you even know or a source to get one, I would love to hear from You.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MrBubblehead

what kind of accessories are you looking for? I just went from a mt1 to a mt2 lathe and I find almost everything is available in both.

Charlie_W

Note that using a 1 to 2 adapter will extend the MT out beyond the headstock spindle introducing vibration and magnifying any irregularity as in debris in the MT or play in the bearings. This will also reduce your usable bed length which could be a problem with drilling, etc.
I would suggest looking at purchasing a MT2 lathe and using this one for a buffing station or a sanding disk setup.

Loucurr

MT1 accessories are all over eBay. I would not recommend going from a one to a two for the reasons mentioned above as well as safety.

Dan Masshardt

Note that using a 1 to 2 adapter will extend the MT out beyond the headstock spindle introducing vibration and magnifying any irregularity as in debris in the MT or play in the bearings. This will also reduce your usable bed length which could be a problem with drilling, etc.

I would suggest looking at purchasing a MT2 lathe and using this one for a buffing station or a sanding disk setup.

I agree with Charlie. Unless budget is extremely tight, just get a decent mt2 lathe. It will serve you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Good Advice

I see the points about adding instability and irregularities and length using an adapter. Can't at this point buy a MT2 lathe so have to make do with this one at the moment. I make do with a lot at this point as I am sure most of you did at one time. A vise as a pen press, short throw drill press that I have to stop and move up halfway through half a blank. It is all a part of the hobby. I guess the only blessing is that when you can afford the proper tools you appreciate them all the more.
I will check on ebay and see if I can find what I need. There is a lot I want but little I can afford. I have to say the members of this Group have been wonderful to me!

Top Bottom