Shop clean up

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

isaacrapelje

Honduran rosewood and amboyna burl

After collecting wood for the last 20 plus years I have come to the realization (along with my wife) that I have way too much wood. Might as well have someone use it, so here are a few more blanks that hopefully someone can use.

5 amboyna burl blanks that are 7/8. This is a very orange amboyna with big bubble like eyes which is kinda of unusual.The big bubble eyes are on two sides and nice flame on the other. $16 each

4 Honduran rosewood burl blanks some nice eyes over a very dark black, chocolate almost cocobolo looking background. The sapwood is softer than the heartwood but offers a great contrast. $12 each or all 4 for $32 bucks

More Honduran rosewood blanks with amazing color and contrasting heart and sapwood. There are some defects in these blanks as is common with burls but you can't beat the figure. Some have a natural edge on the backside and a little shorter than 5 inches which I was going to cut off but kept in case someone wanted to cast part of the blank. Message me your email address and I can send you a picture. $ 70 bucks

If you like two tone amboyna burl then this is the piece for you. Nice eyes and bubble figure, mostly red on one side and almost all cream sapwood on the other. I will sell this whole or cut blanks off for people. I have kept this piece for over 10 years. There are some cracks in the sapwood but it is really stable and ready to turn. The block is 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 x 1 inch thick. Should be able to get at least 5 blanks maybe 6 depending on size. $100 or $22 for 3/4 blanks and $28 each for 7/8 blanks if people want me to cut them. It is very hard to get this 50-50 sapwood to heartwood blank cut so very limited.

Attachments

• amboyna 5.jpg
    amboyna 5.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 291
  • hrb12.jpg
    hrb12.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 292
  • HRB 3.jpg
    HRB 3.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 359
  • amboyna 6.jpg
    amboyna 6.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 315
  • amboyna 7.jpg
    amboyna 7.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Seems like it is all sold.

But if there is anything left, I will take it.

This was posted on the 12th; today is the 15th; can't understand why I didn't see it before. :confused:

endacoz

I was the first poster and have not hear back from him.

I asked for all the HRB blanks,

I was not going to get the others.

isaacrapelje

Sorry I don't know what happened but I did not get a pm from you endacoz. Check your sent messages did it go through? Scott messaged me on the 13th saying he wanted everything but was new to IAP and didn't know how everything worked and how to pay with paypal. I gave him the info and mentioned that he should post that he wanted everything. It took a while to figure out the details. Endacoz, I am sorry for the confusion I have more rosewood burl if you want some.

Last edited:

endacoz

i sent a second PM last night shortly after you posted. (both times going to your profile and clicking send private message) did you get it?

if not please email me at cookcrafted@gmail.com

Sorry I don't know what happened but I did not get a pm from you endacoz. Check your sent messages did it go through? Scott messaged me on the 13th saying he wanted everything but was new to IAP and didn't know how everything worked and how to pay with paypal. I gave him the info and mentioned that he should post that he wanted everything. It took a while to figure out the details. Endacoz, I am sorry for the confusion I have more rosewood burl if you want some.

Top Bottom