FOR SALE: Nova G3 Chuck and jaws, etc.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Warren White

Additional details

The chuck is 1X8 thread. As for including shipping, no. If purchased from Woodcraft, shipping is $12.00, and I wouldn't want to skimp on having it packed adequately.

I have taken two pictures.

Let me know if either of you are still interested.

Attachments

• IMG_0536.jpg
    IMG_0536.jpg
    257.4 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0537.jpg
    IMG_0537.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 128

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
I'm still interested if it's a threaded insert that I can swap out with a 1-1/4x8. I have both a 1x8 and a 1-1/4x8 lathe & I'd want to be able to use it on both lathes.

Warren White

Edgar, the threaded portion appears to be held in with what Teknatool calls a "circlip" so I assume it comes out and can be replaced with a different size insert. Teknatool also sells inserts of various sizes that can be threaded into the existing inserts.

Might be worthwhile to call Teknatool and make sure they have what you want at a price that is acceptable.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Warren, I think that is a direct thread G3, so I'm afraid I'll have to pass also. I have several G3s, but I only buy the insert style that you can screw either a 1x8 or a 1-1/4x8 into.

I believe the only way to use that one on my big lathe would be to use a 1 to 1-1/4 adapter. I tried that once with one of my old 1x8 Barracuda chucks & it just wasn't stable enough for my liking.

That's a really good chick & a fair price. I'm sure you'll be able to sell it soon.

Thanks
Edgar

Warren White

Thanks to both...

... I have a Powermatic P2020 and use the chucks with no trouble. I bought an adapter that is excellent, but unfortunately don't remember where I got it. It runs absolutely true.

I was concerned about that as well.

Thanks to both of you for your interest.

Leo S. Long

Warren,

I would be interested if it is still available and if it would fit on my lathe. I have a JET 1014 VS.

Leo S. Long

Warren White

Payment information

Leo,
You can send the money to me by Pay Pal if that works for you, or you could send me a check. Whatever is best for you. My email address for Pay Pal is:

wewhite@sbcglobal.net

I understand that you should use the "friends and family" option for sending me the payment.

I would appreciate it if you added $5.00 for shipping cost. I will pick up whatever above that is called for.

What works best for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom