Red mallee, amboyna, rosewood burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

isaacrapelje

My goal is to try and post one group of stuff each each week. I been holding on to some of these blanks for a long time and will be happy to see them used. Some people were asking for HRB so here is some for you guys to look over.

First up is a nice dense block of red mallee burl with an awesome natural top perfect for casting. The block does have lots of cracks I tried to show, not sure how far they go in and didn't want to cut into pen blanks in case some one wanted to turn a hollow form or something. The block is 5+ inches cubed the top extends higher to 6 inches or so so you should be able to get over 36 blanks and some natural edge casting stuff. $85 bucks
If no one wants the whole block I will cut blanks out of the block for people.

Here is a group of hrb some eyes, some sapwood, some defects. $35 bucks

I have three larger (two are 7/8) hrb blanks with nice eyes on part of the blanks and three amboyna burl blanks with sap and heartwood. The left blank is almost all sapwood but the other two are close to 50-50 heart and sapwood. These 50-50 blanks are my favorite and make really artistic pens that are quick sellers. There are some small cracks but these blanks have been cut for over 7 years so they are stable and from my private stash. I just love the contrasting heart and sapwood. I have some spalted amboyna with a nice grey/blue sapwood I am thinking of listing soon. The three HRB blanks are $36 bucks and the three amboyna are $36 or all of it for $70.

Finally, I have some real nice stabilized buckeye burl blocks I cut one into 2 pen blanks on the left but kept the other three pieces whole in case some one wanted them to make a knife. Real nice color contrast and figure in these. They are roughly 1+ thick, five inches long and 1 5/8-1 3/4 wide. $15 per block or two pen blanks.

Please post on here if you want something so there is no confusion.

Attachments

• red mallee block small1.jpg
    red mallee block small1.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 234
  • red mallee block s 2.jpg
    red mallee block s 2.jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 203
  • a HRB s1.jpg
    a HRB s1.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 297
  • amboyna and hrb small.jpg
    amboyna and hrb small.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 282
  • buckeye small.jpg
    buckeye small.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

isaacrapelje

Jtaylor, let me know if you want the amboyna and HRB group or any of the buckeye. If you don't want any they are available for others.

Last edited:
Top Bottom