Nova 1624-44 Full Size Lathe - Local Pickup Only

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WillieD

Sold
Due to a severe injury, I will never be able to turn again. In addition to that wonderful news, my position was eliminated in a major downsizing 2 years ago and I'm still looking for a position.

This machine is only available for local pickup in Nashville, TN. No shipping.

I've had this lathe for 7 years. I bought it new from the local Woodcraft store. It's in very good condition. I'm asking $625.00 for it. It will include:

1. Supernova2 chuck with jaw sets & accessories:
A. 2" Jaws
B. Pin Jaws
C. 3" Jaws
D. Powergrip Jaws
E. Mini Cole Jaws
F. Full Size Cole Jaws
G. Vicmarc Adjusta-Jaw Replacement Gripper 8 Piece Set
H. Plastic Jaws (these have been turned with a small inside fit)
I. 2 Worm Screws
2. 4 #2MT drive centers
3. 3 #2MT Live tailstock centers (including CSUSAs Precision Machine Pen Center)
4. #2MT Drill chuck
5. 2 #2MT mandrels
6. Threaded rod draw bar (to securely hold #2MT accessories)
7. 2 lamps (including a magnifier lamp)
8. 4" Faceplate
9. 6 Piece Delta Full Size Turning Tool Set:
A. Parting Tool
B. 3/4" Skew
C. 1" Square Scraper
D. 1/2" Round Scraper
E. 1" Roughing Gouge
F. 3/8" Spindle Gouge
10. Hunter #3 Straight Carbide Hollowing Tool (replaceable cutter)

I've mounted a wooden frame on the machine to give multiple places to mount the lamps and places to put turning tools.

I'll also let you select several pieces of wood. I have bowl & spindle stock in addition to many species of pen blanks.

I'll sweeten the deal with more bonuses, but rather than pick the items for the buyer in advance, I think it makes better sense for the buyer to decide what will be of the greatest usefulness. Turning tools, wood stock & abrasives are just some of the items from which to choose.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Bill

Attachments

• Lathe01.jpg
    Lathe01.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 490
  • Lathe-02.jpg
    Lathe-02.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 337
  • Lathe-03.jpg
    Lathe-03.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 295
  • Lathe-04.jpg
    Lathe-04.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

It is a belt change lathe but you can get an upgrade kit from Teknatool to make it variable speed. For the cost of this lathe and the extras Bill is adding I wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy it if I lived closer. You could then get the upgrade later if you felt the need and still be ahead of anything new in this size range.

Just checked and the upgrade is in the $600 range.

Last edited:

Pappi

I am sorry to hear that got hurt and your job situation. I hope you get better and you are able to get back to work.

TDE

Nova lathe

Well, we just got back a little while ago from the trip to Nashville and back. Picked up Bill's lathe and a" BUNCH "of other things. Enjoyed talking to Bill about all the wood he has. He sent me enough wood to do a ton of turning. He has more turning stock than I have ever seen in one spot. A lot of the woods I have heard of but never seen. It seemed like all his wood is highly figured. He told me he was particular about his wood and it sure shows. Bill, thanks for the lathe and all the goodies too. Take care, Ted

Top Bottom