a new pen kit supplier from china - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > For Sale
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
For Sale All sales for cash belong in this forum

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2018, 11:15 AM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 1

I have ordered plenty off of Aliexpress which is basically Alibaba and your order is protected. I would not have any issue ordering from this guy through Aliexpress.
Bean_Counter is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-04-2018, 11:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Comes in, spams the forums, and poof. Great way to make inroads into the market.
Chatham PenWorks is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-05-2018, 11:44 AM   #13 (permalink)

Photos: 30

Doesn't take paypal so I'll pass, no way am I giving them my CC #
http://www.undergroundwoodworking.ca
Rick_G is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 04-05-2018, 12:55 PM   #14 (permalink)

AliExpress is just another of many "China Import" sites. Not sure if these kits are Knock-Offs, or just direct from MFG, like some other products they sell. I have purchased electronic parts for projects, and never had an issue, other than waiting up to 4 weeks for delivery.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_G View Post

Wife buys nail and jewelry supplies from Asia semi-routinely and has never had an issue using a card for payment.

I placed 3 different orders with Pen State Industries and had my account hacked all three times before recognizing the pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
Be kind &
Leave The Rest to God
MRDucks2 is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-05-2018, 09:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

Photos: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRDucks2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_G View Post

Wife buys nail and jewelry supplies from Asia semi-routinely and has never had an issue using a card for payment.

I placed 3 different orders with Pen State Industries and had my account hacked all three times before recognizing the pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app
Your PSI example is why I only use paypal. It's linked to a checking account In a different bank than the one I use normally. It normally has no more than $50 in it unless I am purchasing something.
Somebody hacks my paypal the most they can get is $50.
http://www.undergroundwoodworking.ca
Rick_G is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-06-2018, 12:02 AM   #17 (permalink)

Photos: 83

I have ordered through aliexpress also but waited 6 weeks to get my order and have ordered various items so it did not matter.

I do not believe that is the point here. The point is who is this person and why have they not followed up with answers to questions. Would you want to deal with someone like that. We read 10000000000000000000 of times about poor service through PSI and others want to add another. Did not look like they are selling anything earth shattering. Way too many kits on the market now and with PSI continuing their constant bombarding with kits it will not stop. They have a chance to step forward but no signs of them. Can not do business that way.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:52 AM   #18 (permalink)

Photos: 3

It's not like there was a gracious welcome. I wouldn't blame anyone for saying, "screw this, I'll go somewhere else."

I say welcome. You're in a tough market, and shipping time is going to be a challenge versus U.S. based vendors that can ship in volume within a few days. Good luck, but don't be surprised if sales are slow to none.
Brian G is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-06-2018, 11:08 AM   #19 (permalink)

Photos: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian G View Post
It's not like there was a gracious welcome. I wouldn't blame anyone for saying, "screw this, I'll go somewhere else."

I say welcome. You're in a tough market, and shipping time is going to be a challenge versus U.S. based vendors that can ship in volume within a few days. Good luck, but don't be surprised if sales are slow to none.
Well then, they can go elsewhere. People have asked honest questions of them and they've not responded. If I was doing this for a business, I'd at least try to alleviate some of the concerns here and let them know a little more about me and what I was doing. This is a easy market to get into and the people are really great to get to know and they're just easy going in general. To just come in and then disregard questions shouldn't go over easy and should be met with a little concern. That's what people are doing, they're concerned about this.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.---Jack Handey

Last edited by Scissortail Pens; 04-06-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Scissortail Pens is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 04-14-2018, 08:27 PM   #20 (permalink)

Photos: 60

Who wants more options for a run-of-the-mill standard slimline at $1.10 in lots of 50 with Estimated Delivery Time: 39 - 59 days

Did anybody read the ad on Aliexpress ? . The least they could do is get the English right. There must be consultants who do that.
Anybody want a job ?

Glad to see this has kinda fizzled out. . Maybe they are so busy filling orders they don't have time to answer questions.

Sad thing to me is this: . There are indeed opportunities for new and innovative entries into the low-end pen kit market and it would not take a team of MIT or Stanford Engineering graduates to figure out what is needed.

I actually apologize for bumping this thread

Kids rule the world !!! .... eventually if not already !

Last edited by magpens; 04-14-2018 at 08:48 PM.
magpens is online now   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads