Manzanita burl blocks from Rocky...#72

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rockb

Hi Guys, I saw a post while browsing the New Posts page a few minutes ago...seems I do that often. ; ) Subject was "burning out" making pens.
Happens to all of us when faced with repetition. I know there are lots of "other things we make" guys here so I'm offering some manzanita burl blocks to play with. Lots of "meat" in them so there are lots of opportunities too including pen blanks. Note some charred wood....not a bad thing as black wood and red heartwood is beautiful when finished.

MZ30, $30.000 + $13.60 to ship = $43.60 total. Two pieces measure about 3 1/2 x 4 x 7" and 5 x 6 x 9". One dry and a bunch of misted pics show them pretty well.

mz30a.jpg

mz30b.jpg

mz30c.jpg

mz30d.jpg

mz30e.jpg

mz30f.jpg

mz30g.jpg

The last pic below shows a burned manzanita that I did a little "rounding" on and then "textured" the heck out of it with an angle grinder and one of the Sir Lancelot chainsaw chain grinding wheels. I love that thing. : ) I ground in just deep enough to get past the soft char.

bmane.jpg

Done now... : ) If ya want to give it a go, respond in the thread and I'll PM you. Many thanks, Rocky

Top Bottom