Logwood burl, brown mallee, and maple burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

isaacrapelje

I have a large flat rate box mostly filled with logwood casting scraps and little black nargusta and box elder burl but 90+% beautiful and rare logwood burl from south/central america. This is over 9 lbs of burl for 41 bucks plus 19 for shipping. $60 bucks shipped. Cast 4-6 pens and have the rest paid for.

Next are some pen blanks with awesome curl and figure, some full blanks some half blanks very chatoyant, this species really catches the light like koa and has the orange color of afzelia and amboyna. $30 bucks shipped.

I have a bunch of whole brown mallee burl and some cut blanks like these. This species is very dense and has some of the highest density of burl eyes of any species I have cut. There are some hairline cracks in some blanks because that is what happens when you grow in a desert. 4.00 each or 3.50 for ten or more. Some have sapwood which makes a very artistic pen when you can get the contrasting brown and cream colors together.

Finally I have some blanks cut from a very old maple burl I purchased at an estate sale over 20 years ago. This is very dense for maple burl with small eyes and curl. If I had to guess it has been cut over 40 years. There are some bark inclusions and some small bug damage in the corner of one of the blanks in group 1 marked with an X. These would be awesome dyed and stabilized too.

Group 1: 8 blanks for 20 bucks plus shipping
Group 2 8 blanks for 20 bucks plus shipping or both for 40 and free shipping

Attachments

• logwood casting 3.jpg
    logwood casting 3.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 188
  • logwood4.jpg
    logwood4.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 199
  • brown mallee.jpg
    brown mallee.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 190
  • maple 1.jpg
    maple 1.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 150
  • maple 2.jpg
    maple 2.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:

magpens

I will take both Group 1 and Group 2 of the Maple Burl, please. Shipping to WA.

Also, I will take all the Brown Mallee Burl, please. Thanks, Isaac.

Last edited:
Top Bottom