Lambeau Field Bleacher Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprung

These are blanks from the old wood bleachers from Lambeau Field in Green Bay, WI. These are the last of these blanks that I will have available for some time as I want to focus on some other aspects of woodworking beyond turning and blank making/stabilizing.

Standard blanks: $9/each - 8 remaining
Crosscut blanks: $10/each - 3 remaining

Please note that these blanks were cut from old, well weathered boards. I discard anything with serious checking or cracks, but some pieces may have a little bit of light surface checking or a nail hole. Since these are cut from 1 1/2" thick material, some of these blanks may be a little shy of 3/4" in size, but will still make a Jr. Gent II series pen with careful drilling. Blanks are 5" in length and were stabilized with Cactus Juice.

Grade "B" blanks: $6.50/each - 19 remaining

The other picture represents what I call my "grade b" Lambeau blanks. These are all good blanks that will still make a great pen, but aren't a regular sized pen blank. They're random lengths under 5" in length, but at least long enough to make a Sierra, or they are 5/8" in width in at least one dimension but are 5" long. A few may have a larger check or some extra nail holes or some other defect that needs some fill before working with them. But, that character is part of the charm - these character blanks are the ones I usually reach for to make a pen from this material and they're the ones that usually sold fastest as completed items.

There is also a picture of the card that I include with each blank that tells the history of this wood.

Prices do not include shipping. Payment by PayPal.

Please claim in this thread.

Attachments

• LF1.jpg
    LF1.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 293
  • LF2.jpg
    LF2.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 238
  • LF3.jpg
    LF3.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 244
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sprung

PM's will be incoming later.

I'll take the other 5 if you can prove that they came from the bleachers and provide providence of them coming from the bleachers.

Dave, I have obtained this wood directly from one of the individuals responsible for salvaging it after the 1999 fire. Attached is a picture of what I have received from them about this wood.

Attachments

• GBSB Letter.jpg
    GBSB Letter.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 226

I'll take the other 5 if you can prove that they came from the bleachers and provide providence of them coming from the bleachers.

Dave, I have obtained this wood directly from one of the individuals responsible for salvaging it after the 1999 fire. Attached is a picture of what I have received from them about this wood.

Is he willing to provide a signature and do so in front of a notary or vouch that the wood that you're offering came from there? Otherwise it doesn't provide us with anything.

Last edited:
How about this, would he be or are you willing to sign a document that states that you know for a fact that this is where those blanks are from? I'm sure neither one of you would have a problem with that.

Last edited:

Sprung

Is he willing to provide a signature and do so in front of a notary or vouch that the wood that you're offering came from there? Otherwise it doesn't provide us with anything.

How about this, would he be or are you willing to sign a document that states that you know for a fact that this is where those blanks are from? I'm sure neither one of you would have a problem with that.

Dave, I have not met the source of this wood in person - all of my exchange has been through e-mail. Having done the research on this wood prior to purchasing any of it to make items for myself to sell (which also then turned into selling blanks of it), I have no concerns myself regarding the authenticity of this wood. I am also not the only blank seller who has purchased this wood from the source and not a single one of them has had any doubts either as to the authenticity of this wood.

My source states that the boards "have been verified by the General Contractor who built the 1957 stadium and also verbal confirmation from the original owner of Arthur Norgaards of Birch Creek who obtained the stadium boards from Lambeau for use in the renovations of Arthur Norgaards of Birch Creek."

Attached is a picture of the boards as I receive them - number stamped and all.

If this isn't enough for you, then my apologies, but I will continue on down the line with those who are interested.

Attachments

• IMG_9885.jpg
    IMG_9885.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 205

denharv

Matt, I'll take 4 of the 'B' short ones if they are 3/4 x 3/4. If none of those left, will take 4 of the longer 'B's. Could I also get 5 extra certificates also. I was able to get 2 Sierra's from those 5/8x5's I got last time.
Thanks

denharv

Matt,. Can I up my order to include 2 5/8x5 'B's if possible. I would then need 6 extra certificates. Be glad to pay for those as well.
Thanks

Jontello

If you have any of the standard blanks I will take 2. Or even any of the b blanks. Let me know. Thanks.

Jon

It's absolutely way more than enough for me, Matt, thanks. It was more than enough in the initial post, but, I've got a collector that is being quite picky about this. That's why I was asking about it and I'm sorry if it came across as anymore than that.

Sprung

It's absolutely way more than enough for me, Matt, thanks. It was more than enough in the initial post, but, I've got a collector that is being quite picky about this. That's why I was asking about it and I'm sorry if it came across as anymore than that.

Dave, no offense taken - and I hope I didn't cause you any! I can certainly understand where your collector is coming from, wanting to make sure he's buying the real deal.

Sprung

Hey everyone - sorry for the lack of responses/PM's so far - I have been very busy with a work emergency and hope to be able to send PM's either later today or tomorrow. Thank you for your patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom