Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > For Sale
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
For Sale All sales for cash belong in this forum

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2018, 01:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 55

Default Lambeau Field Bleacher Blanks

These are blanks from the old wood bleachers from Lambeau Field in Green Bay, WI. These are the last of these blanks that I will have available for some time as I want to focus on some other aspects of woodworking beyond turning and blank making/stabilizing.

Standard blanks: $9/each - 8 remaining
Crosscut blanks: $10/each - 3 remaining

Please note that these blanks were cut from old, well weathered boards. I discard anything with serious checking or cracks, but some pieces may have a little bit of light surface checking or a nail hole. Since these are cut from 1 1/2" thick material, some of these blanks may be a little shy of 3/4" in size, but will still make a Jr. Gent II series pen with careful drilling. Blanks are 5" in length and were stabilized with Cactus Juice.

Grade "B" blanks: $6.50/each - 19 remaining

The other picture represents what I call my "grade b" Lambeau blanks. These are all good blanks that will still make a great pen, but aren't a regular sized pen blank. They're random lengths under 5" in length, but at least long enough to make a Sierra, or they are 5/8" in width in at least one dimension but are 5" long. A few may have a larger check or some extra nail holes or some other defect that needs some fill before working with them. But, that character is part of the charm - these character blanks are the ones I usually reach for to make a pen from this material and they're the ones that usually sold fastest as completed items.

There is also a picture of the card that I include with each blank that tells the history of this wood.

Prices do not include shipping. Payment by PayPal.

Please claim in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
lf1.jpg   lf2.jpg   lf3.jpg  
Sprung is offline   Top
Old 10-09-2018, 01:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 0

I'll take 3 of the Standard blanks: $9/each.
Mike
Old 10-09-2018, 02:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 5

I'll take the other 5 if you can prove that they came from the bleachers and provide providence of them coming from the bleachers.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

PM's will be incoming later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scissortail Pens View Post
I'll take the other 5 if you can prove that they came from the bleachers and provide providence of them coming from the bleachers.
Dave, I have obtained this wood directly from one of the individuals responsible for salvaging it after the 1999 fire. Attached is a picture of what I have received from them about this wood.
Attached Thumbnails
gbsb-letter.jpg  
Sprung is offline   Top
Old 10-09-2018, 02:31 PM   #5 (permalink)

Photos: 0

I'd like 1 standard blank and one b grade
JoeCallahan is offline   Top
Old 10-09-2018, 03:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprung View Post

Quote:
Dave, I have obtained this wood directly from one of the individuals responsible for salvaging it after the 1999 fire. Attached is a picture of what I have received from them about this wood.
Is he willing to provide a signature and do so in front of a notary or vouch that the wood that you're offering came from there? Otherwise it doesn't provide us with anything.

Last edited by Scissortail Pens; 10-09-2018 at 03:17 PM.
Scissortail Pens is offline   Top
Old 10-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

How about this, would he be or are you willing to sign a document that states that you know for a fact that this is where those blanks are from? I'm sure neither one of you would have a problem with that.

Last edited by Scissortail Pens; 10-09-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Scissortail Pens is offline   Top
Old 10-09-2018, 04:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 1

I'd two of the standard blanks if you have them.

Thank

Jim Smith
Jim Smith is offline   Top
Old 10-09-2018, 05:46 PM   #9 (permalink)

Photos: 1

Is there any left?

Seven
Old 10-09-2018, 09:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprung View Post

Quote:
Is he willing to provide a signature and do so in front of a notary or vouch that the wood that you're offering came from there? Otherwise it doesn't provide us with anything.
Quote:
How about this, would he be or are you willing to sign a document that states that you know for a fact that this is where those blanks are from? I'm sure neither one of you would have a problem with that.
Dave, I have not met the source of this wood in person - all of my exchange has been through e-mail. Having done the research on this wood prior to purchasing any of it to make items for myself to sell (which also then turned into selling blanks of it), I have no concerns myself regarding the authenticity of this wood. I am also not the only blank seller who has purchased this wood from the source and not a single one of them has had any doubts either as to the authenticity of this wood.

My source states that the boards "have been verified by the General Contractor who built the 1957 stadium and also verbal confirmation from the original owner of Arthur Norgaards of Birch Creek who obtained the stadium boards from Lambeau for use in the renovations of Arthur Norgaards of Birch Creek."

Attached is a picture of the boards as I receive them - number stamped and all.

If this isn't enough for you, then my apologies, but I will continue on down the line with those who are interested.
Attached Thumbnails
img_9885.jpg  
Sprung is offline   Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads
Closed Thread