jarrah, amboyna, HRB, and spalted maple burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

isaacrapelje

I have one nice bookmatched set of spalted maple burl. The size of one piece is roughly 6 x 7 x 1 5/8+. You should be able to get atleast 15 blanks per block for a total of 30 or bottle stoppers, knife scales, bowls. This is spalted so it might be wise to stabilize depending on what you use it for. There are some defects but real nice burl with great colors and black line spalting. $30 bucks for both.

I have three spalted amboyna burl pen blanks and three spalted HRB blanks. There are very rare. Both have an unusual blueish grey spalt with sapwood and heartwood. The amboyna is 90% spalted sapwood, might be real cool dyed and stabilized. The HRB is mostly brown heartwood on the back side, should make some real nice artistic pens. $42 bucks

I have one huge block of jarrah burl. It is some of the nicest jarrah I have cut out of over 1000 lbs. The size is roughly 8 x 8x 3 real tight eyes but some cell colapse on the burl eyes. I sanded off part of the face so you can see the figure the dark spot is just oxidzed from age the block is 100 % burl. Real dense real dry, cut over 20 years ago. $65 bucks

One slab of HRB. I left if whole so you can cut blanks how you wish or I will cut them for you if you want. This slab looks like cocobolo burl with the dark lines. Real nice figure radiating out from the center to the edges. $42 bucks

Attachments

• spalted maple bookmatch.jpg
    spalted maple bookmatch.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 211
  • hrb and amboyna.jpg
    hrb and amboyna.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 470
  • jarrah block.jpg
    jarrah block.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 233
  • jarrah w.jpg
    jarrah w.jpg