Honeycomb blanks now available

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

healeydays

A number of folks have been asking for the honeycomb blanks that a number of folks here have had an opportunity to turn. The honeycomb material is nomex and need to be cut with a very sharp tool and very light cuts, but the results are fantastic. Here are a couple examples of what has been done with these blanks.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f14/golden-honeycomb-112634/

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/honeycomb-green-yea-yea-huh-110658/

I am presently offering them in 12 colors.
. translucent blue
. translucent red
. translucent black
. translucent grape
. translucent honey gold
. translucent blue/green
. off white pastel
. light green pastel
. light blue pastel
. light pink pastel
. light purple pastel
. creamsicle orange pastel

They measure 7/8sq X 5 1/4 long

Cost is $12 each. Buy 5 or more, and shipping in the US is free or $6 toward international shipping.

I have 25 of each color available. If there is another color you would like to see them in, all you have to do is ask.

Mike B

Folks, due to a special order I now have 1/2 dozen translucent silver honeycombs also.

Mike B

Attachments

• honeycomb blanks.jpg
    honeycomb blanks.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 386
  • honeycomb and cherry burl.jpeg
    honeycomb and cherry burl.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Hi Mike, I got my package today thanks for the extra half blank. I already have the first kits picked out and tubes painted. The grape is going on a chrome Zen and the black is going on a gunmetal Zen.

Thanks again, Mike

healeydays

Can't wait to see them Mike. Don't forget to post them once you get them done. Just remember to go slow shaving more than carving them.

Dan Masshardt just sent me this little trick he tried:

"Mike -

Not sure if you've ever tried but wanted to share from my experience that a flap disk grinder works great to round your honeycomb blanks fast with no issues of tear out.

Might be another option to suggest to buyers if they have problems. "

Great idea Dan...

Last edited:

healeydays

Stuart, your package went out today...

Thanks to all who have bought so far, now I have a couple bucks to pay for the kits I just bought and my bride is happier that way too...

Mike B

healeydays

Dean,

Sent you a PM. I have no idea where you live as your profile lists no information and it doesn't look like you ever wrote up an introduction, so I can't give you a shipping quote.

Mike B

Top Bottom