Flat rate boxes of pen material

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
SOLD Box #1 is CocoboloThis box has pen blanks of varying size and random slabs of Cocobolo. Some of the wood may have a taper as It was cut from large chunks. There will be waste, but I am giving you the option to cut the material as you see fit. Small pieces may be used for other purposes. Note that all blanks and pieces are not uniform in size, If you need perfect sizes, do not buy thes boxes.
Medium flat rate box mailed in the U.S. is $45.00
blanks1.jpg
blanks2.jpg
blanks3.jpg

SOLD Box #2 is spalted wood that is random length , crosscut that need stabilization. Mostly 3/4" plus or minus. Not always perfectly square. Medium flat rate box mailed in the U. S. is $25.00
View in Gallery

Box # 3 is some curly and plain stuff. A few pieces of curly and mostly plain box # 3 medium flat rate mailed in the U.S. is $20.00
View in Gallery

SOLD box # 4 is pain and plain Nothing special here. Just stuff to practice with.Random sizes and some twist. Box #4 medium flat rate is $20.00 mailed in the U.S.

View in Gallery

box # 5 is mostly curly and a little birdseye Random lengths and not always square, but nice curlBox # 5 is $40.00 medium flat rate box mailed in the U.S.

View in Gallery

SOLD Box # 6 is CocoboloRandom pen blanks not always square and untrimmed slabs with waste. Box #6 is $45.00 medium flat rate box mailed in the U.S.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

They've arrived! :) (Cocobolo box #1) The blanks are gorgeous, and the slabs are quite impressive, cracks, bark, and all! Many of these slabs are crosscuts, so I'm wondering on how to proceed with making them into pen blanks. One of the slabs is a straight grained blank, but nearly 4 inches thick by 5 inches wide and 10 inches long... o_O

I just have 2 questions ..... did you mean to toss in this weird off-color burl cut blank and this laminated color blank that is cut on an angle? Looks like it might be buckeye burl or something along those lines... kinda pretty! :)

greenmtnguy

Local Chapter Leader
Gregory,
I did toss in a few extras. I have a lifetime of wood for pens and more that I haven't started to block up. By the way, around here Cocobolo is wholesaling for $30.00 a bf. I found some tree sections with hollow centers that I bought reasonable. Therefore the classified that features odd slabs.

Top Bottom