Custom/kitless pen makers tenon jig

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

*** Update: It seems the post office is not being nice to the envelopes. If you receive your jig and it's broken, please let me know. PM me your mailing info again and I'll get another one out the door. Hopefully this is just isolated to one or two but now I'm concerned. ***

I cut one of these out for my personal use and I find it extremely helpful to have on hand when cutting tenons for the most common kitless/custom pen threads.

M9, M10, M12, M13, M14 are all represented with openings at 0.1 below the major diameter. So 8.9mm, 9.9mm, 11.9mm, 12.9mm and 13.9mm

All of the corners have a slight round over to them so you can use them with the lathe running.

$6 each mailed in a standard envelope within the states. Right now I have this neon green and what I'll call a neon reddish pink. I'll have to make one in that color and post it so you can pick.

tenon-gauge.jpg

Last edited:

duncsuss

Carl, I'd like one -- that's a very useful looking go/nogo gauge.

(Color not important, whatever you've got on hand.)

Shoot me a PM to tell me how you'd like to get paid.

edit: would you take change requests? I seldom make M10 threads, it would be more convenient for me if M9 is on the outer rim. Not a big deal either way though.

Last edited:

Carl Fisher

PM on the way

I'd like to keep the customizations out of this batch just because I don't have time for a hundred one-off requests at the moment. However at some point once I do have some free time I'm willing to discuss customized versions with anyone, but the price would go up a bit for the additional CAD/CAM time.

Last edited:

Alex D

I am definitely in! Not only is it a great jig, but helps those of us who can never seem to remember what dimension to turn to before threading!

Any color works for me.

Cheers,
Alex

Bikerdad

Coolio. I don't have any use for one of those currently, but oddly enough, I was just thinking about something similar today. That someone with some real pen turning chops has already "gone there" gives me the warm fuzzies of knowing my thoughts weren't running to a dead end.

Carl Fisher

First batch of 16 done. 12 are spoken for.

I'll run another batch of there is enough interest.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1485470772805.jpg
    FB_IMG_1485470772805.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

Carl Fisher

I'll take one, prefer the original color from the first post. Let me know if I can send PayPal now or if you have to do another batch.
Thanks, Jeff

I'm running another batch today and they will go out in the mail tomorrow. So whenever you are ready just make sure to include a note in the PP with who you are on IAP and a good mailing address.

Would you be able to ship to the UK? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

I need to figure out how much first class international would be with a bubble envelope. I don't trust a paper envelope would make it through all the customs checks and everything.

Carl Fisher

Ok, everyone who sent PP over before about 8pm yesterday will have theirs go out in the mail today. I'm running a fresh batch for those who paid last night and today so those will go out tomorrow.

Thanks.

Skeleton2014

I'll log onto PP and send pmt and address... Thanks for doing this, it's a great idea. Jeff

I'll take one, prefer the original color from the first post. Let me know if I can send PayPal now or if you have to do another batch.
Thanks, Jeff

I'm running another batch today and they will go out in the mail tomorrow. So whenever you are ready just make sure to include a note in the PP with who you are on IAP and a good mailing address.

Would you be able to ship to the UK? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

I need to figure out how much first class international would be with a bubble envelope. I don't trust a paper envelope would make it through all the customs checks and everything.

Carl Fisher

I just ran another batch of 16 for mailing tomorrow. 12 are spoken for so I have 4 more for immediate mailing. Otherwise I can have another batch done tomorrow and mail them on Monday.

Carl Fisher

Just sent off the PayPal. I added a couple of dollars for shipping to Canada, I hope its enough.

Thanks Carl

Hey Darrin.

I have yours set aside to bring to the post office tomorrow since I can't seem to find any agreement on cost to mail a small bubble mailer to Canada. I'll let them figure it out :)

Thanks.

Carl Fisher

It seems the post office is not being nice to the envelopes. If you receive your jig and it's broken, please let me know. PM me your mailing info again and I'll get another one out the door. Hopefully this is just isolated to one or two but now I'm concerned.

Top Bottom