Buckeye, maple, lace burl redwood, and manzanita... from Rocky..#19

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rockb

If Guys.....looks like I might have the rest of the week off "day job"...not a bad thing. Offering a little variety of wood this time. Some maple cluster burl similar to my last post, #18...plus some nice buckeye, etc. All the pics are misted....hope you can use some/all. ; )

International wood buddies are certainly welcome to buy these too. I love sending wood overseas.

Here they come:

BP3, $22.50 + $4.00 to ship. Buckeye burl half blanks. Twenty pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 2 1/2 to less than 5" long.

bp3a.JPG

BP5, $20.00 + $3.00 to ship. Buckeye burl full size pen blanks. Six pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long.

bp5a.JPG

BP13, $17.00 + $3.00 to ship. Buckeye full size pen blanks. Note I'm not calling them "burl". They did grow above the burl section of the tree but they have such nice grain, they'd look great on a pen. Price is a bit lower than burl price too. Six pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long.

bp13a.JPG

BP16, $20.00 + $4.00 to ship. Buckeye burl full size casting blanks. Twenty pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long......give or take a bit.

bp16a.JPG

BP99, $20.00 + $3.00 to ship. Buckeye burl full size pen blanks. Six pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long.

bp99a.JPG

MPC11, $18.00 + $3.00 to ship. Bigleaf maple cluster burl pen blanks. These came from the same batch as my previous posting #18. Very pretty wood with scattered eyes and figure with some spalting/black line in a few. Six pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long. Note burl in these will be scattered....not like the maple root ball burl which is more uniform...both have their own characteristics. Cluster burl has more figure and variation in color.

mpc11a.JPG

MPC12, $18. 00 + $3.00 to ship. Bigleaf maple cluster burl pen blanks. These came from the same batch as my previous posting #18. Very pretty wood with scattered eyes and figure with some spalting/black line in a few. Six pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long. Note burl in these will be scattered....not like the maple root ball burl which is more uniform...both have their own characteristics. Cluster burl has more figure and variation in color.

mpc12a.JPG

MZ66, $20.00 + $5.75 to ship. Manzanita burl spindle pieces. Four of 'em measure 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 x 6 to 9" long. These can make a multitude of things. Resaw for pen casting blanks, game calls, and more...although I can't think of any now. : )

mz66a.JPG

RP2, $21.00 + $3.00 to ship. Redwood burl pen blanks. Seven pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long. Four are old growth birdseye (hard wood for redwood) and three are old growth lace burl.

rp2a.JPG

RP95, $20.00 + $3.00 to ship. Redwood burl half blanks. Second growth burl....tends to be a little softer than old growth...very similar to buckeye. These have a little spalting in some of the sapwood. Gonna make some interesting pens. There's ten of them, measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 3 to 4 1/2" long.

rp95a.JPG

That's all.....if you'd like one, just respond in the thead so we'll all know what's taken and I'll PM you with the details.
Many thanks,
Rocky

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

2ndFloor

OK Rocky.....you got m again. I'll take MPC12. Have not tried big leaf yet, so here I go. Any suggestions on pen finish?

Steve

rockb

Hey Guys, when you/we come out of our Thanksgiving Day recovery...There are three left.
BP5, BP99, and MZ66
Thanks to all who did buy the above.
Rocky/rockb

Top Bottom