Bigleaf maple cluster burl pen blanks from Rocky...#118

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rockb

Hi Guys, here's a batch of some of the most colorful and figured wood I have. Bigleaf maple cluster burl pen blanks. Cluster burls grow on the trunk vs. root burls in the ground. Clusters are large on the outside and decrease in size as they grow from the center of the tree. Sort of cone shaped. That's one reason lots of blanks will have a "crescent" shape as the top of the "cone" gets cut off. Add figure from the growth rings and some serious spalting and ya get wood like these. : ) Hope you can use some/all of 'em.

MPC7, $25.00 + $4.00 to ship = $29.00 total. Bigleaf maple cluster burl pen blanks. Five pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long. Note lots of spalting in these. Misted pics show two sides.

mpc7a.jpg
mpc7b.jpg

MPC8, $25.00 + $4.00 to ship = $29.00 total. Bigleaf maple cluster burl pen blanks. Five pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long. Note lots of spalting in these. Misted pics show two sides.

mpc8a.jpg
mpc8b.jpg

MPC9, $25.00 + $4.00 to ship = $29.00 total. Bigleaf maple cluster burl pen blanks. Five pieces measure 3/4 x 3/4 x 5" long. Note lots of spalting in these. Misted pics show two sides.

mpc9a.jpg
mpc9b.jpg

MPC10, $21.00 + $4.00 to ship = $25.00 total. Bigleaf maple cluster burl pen blanks. Seven pieces measure 5/8 x 5x8 x 5" long. Some of these will have a 3/4" measurement and maybe a little under on one side. I'm calling them 5/8 to include them all. Note lots of spalting in these. Misted pics show two sides.

mpc10a.jpg
mpc10b.jpg

That's all guys...if you'd like some, please post in the thread and I'll PM you with details. Many thanks to you all who buy my blanks. Rocky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom