Attention 7mm Pen Makers - Great Deal on Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WillieD

These have been sold.

I am no longer able to turn due to a recent injury. I'm selling my entire shop!

Here are 25 blanks that have been either cut, drilled, tubed & trimmed or they have been cut & drilled but not tubed (marked with *). This is a great chance to save some money and time in making 7 mm pens.

$35 + $7 shipping. More than half of these blanks would cost between $3 & $7 each from most wood vendors.

Some of these blanks have custom length tubes for the bottom barrels. The design I prefer to make is inspired by the KC Twist pen that used to be sold by CS-USA. These can be used for either 7 mm twist or European pens. The bottom tubes are 2 mm to 5 mm longer than a normal 7 mm pen. These can easily be trimmed on a band saw to standard 7 mm length.

I have only used the very best figured woods for the pens I've made and these are all excellent examples. Please note that repaired (with CA or Black Flexible CA) small hairline cracks may exist in some of these blanks.

Left to right:
1st pic (These blanks have been drilled, tubed and trimmed - ready to mount and turn):

• Orotoguaje - South American - hard and heavy with color and grain similar to a dark Cocobolo
  • Mexican Cocobolo - One of the true Rosewoods - This blank was cut more than 2 years ago and has darkened significantly. When freshly cut, it will be light brown and on exposure to oxygen it will turn a brilliant orange
  • Bloodwood - One of my favorite woods - hard & heavy - more color stable than most other red woods with excellent chatoyance
  • Bloodwood
  • Bloodwood
  • Bethlehem Olive
  • Bethlehem Olive
  • Bethlehem Olive
  • Bethlehem Olive
2nd pic ( * = cut and drilled, but not tubed or trimmed):

• African Blackwood - One of the true Rosewoods, considered by many woodturners to be the very best wood for turning - hard and heavy with the ability to hold very fine detail extremely well
  • Pink Ivory - This example is a lighter pink than the pic shows - not the best lighting conditions to show the real color
  • Pink Ivory - This example is a vivid pink
  • Desert Ironwood - Very hard and heavy with excellent chatoyance
  • Desert Ironwood
  • Gaboon Ebony
  • Honduran Rosewood Burl
  • Honduran Rosewood Burl *
  • Honduran Rosewood Burl *
  • Bocote
3rd pic ( * = cut and drilled, but not tubed or trimmed):

• Stabilized Black Ash Burl *
  • Padauk *
  • Pink Ivory * - This example has a nice pink color