Wood needs to go to a good home

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

isaacrapelje

I have some wood that needs to find a new home.Mix and match to make your own flat rate box just pay the shipping.

TAKEN Box 1: box of casting scraps mostly maple and buckeye burl, lots of natural edge stuff even some honduran rosewood burl not much though. Just pay shipping $18

Box 2: buckeye burl roughly 3 x 3 x 5 large crack, curly red oak, maple burl roughly 3 x 3 x 5 some defects bark inclusions, and some very special 500+ year old Douglas fir from Forks, Wa. The log sunk to the bottom of the pool used to store logs and it was found it years later after the mill shut down. I used a larger section of this log to build a mantle in the house of a state representative. The wood is not figured and has some defects you have to work around but the grain is so tight you need a magnifying glass to count the rings. If you want something I can swap out the buckeye and maple with something else just let me know. pay the shipping and it is yours $18

I have a wormy maple bowl blank roughly 9 x 4 inches thick, hard to see from the pictures but is has nice ambrosia maple color through out the blank. Pay the shipping and its yours.

I have a block of spalted maple burl, some is solid some punky if you want to cut out the good parts they will have awesome figure and color but would need to be stabilized. Roughly 11 x 11 x 3 ish I could use this to add to box 2 or the wormy maple bowl blank if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• casting bits.JPG
    casting bits.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 152
  • blocks of wood.JPG
    blocks of wood.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 160
  • wormy maple blank.JPG
    wormy maple blank.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 165
  • spalted maple burl.JPG
    spalted maple burl.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

The price is just right, shame that you are so far away, your shipping to me would cost an arm and a leg, but great and generous offer from your part, I'm sure, in wont last long...!

Cheers
George

Fredito

I love wood blanks that have a history behind them, that is really cool. The splated burl looks really nice too! Unfourently I have used up my wood budget for the next decade or I would be on it. Wish I had something equally as exciting to offer as a trade!

epigolucky

I have some wood that needs to find a new home.Mix and match to make your own flat rate box just pay the shipping.

Box 1: box of casting scraps mostly maple and buckeye burl, lots of natural edge stuff even some honduran rosewood burl not much though. Just pay shipping $18

Box 2: buckeye burl roughly 3 x 3 x 5 large crack, curly red oak, maple burl roughly 3 x 3 x 5 some defects bark inclusions, and some very special 500+ year old Douglas fir from Forks, Wa. The log sunk to the bottom of the pool used to store logs and it was found it years later after the mill shut down. I used a larger section of this log to build a mantle in the house of a state representative. The wood is not figured and has some defects you have to work around but the grain is so tight you need a magnifying glass to count the rings. If you want something I can swap out the buckeye and maple with something else just let me know. pay the shipping and it is yours $18

I have a wormy maple bowl blank roughly 9 x 4 inches thick, hard to see from the pictures but is has nice ambrosia maple color through out the blank. Pay the shipping and its yours.

I have a block of spalted maple burl, some is solid some punky if you want to cut out the good parts they will have awesome figure and color but would need to be stabilized. Roughly 11 x 11 x 3 ish I could use this to add to box 2 or the wormy maple bowl blank if anyone is interested.

What is still available? I'm interested in box 2 and possibly the bowl blank.

isaacrapelje

Everything except the casting scraps is available but I can't fit box two and the bowl blank so something would have to be replaced if you wanted to add it to box two. I can cut some things down if you want, just let me know.

Top Bottom