White Stinkwood available in South Africa

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Falcon1220

Would you like to get your hands on some White Stinkwood? (Wit Stinkhout)
A Wit Stinkhout tree is available in the area of Pretoria.
Tree has not been cut down yet. It is big and beautiful.
Will be great for bowl blanks or whatever woodworking project you may want.

If there is a burl it is mine,:wink::airplane: but the rest of the tree can be yours.

Please indicate your interest. More details will be made available if anyone express interest.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Falcon1220

I do not have photos of the tree. I am in Canada and the tree in South Africa
I will supply info to people in SA to contact the owner if anyone is interested

robutacion

That is a very strange request, I should be missing something for sure, lets see...!

You are in Canada and you know of a tree that is still standing in South Africa but, for whatever the reason, has been approved to come down/be cut down.

Someone has to cut it and process it, either by slabbing or quarter sawing or other, someone has to stack it up and maintain if away from the weather, may require some sealing at the logs/slabs ends before storing it...!

Someone has then to sort it/cut it to size for transportation overseas, someone has to deal with all the customs paperwork and all the red tape associated, while you are still in Canada so, I wonder, what sort of prices this wood have to be sold at, to cover all these costs...???

I have no idea of what this tree species is, wood colour, grain, density, etc., I will have a look at Google for some info but, I doubt this tree wood can be that valuable to justify such an expensive exercise, I may be wrong though, I may require that you explain it to me with a little more detail, please...!:wink::biggrin:

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Falcon1220

That is a very strange request, I should be missing something for sure, lets see...!

You are in Canada and you know of a tree that is still standing in South Africa but, for whatever the reason, has been approved to come down/be cut down.

Someone has to cut it and process it, either by slabbing or quarter sawing or other, someone has to stack it up and maintain if away from the weather, may require some sealing at the logs/slabs ends before storing it...!

Someone has then to sort it/cut it to size for transportation overseas, someone has to deal with all the customs paperwork and all the red tape associated, while you are still in Canada so, I wonder, what sort of prices this wood have to be sold at, to cover all these costs...???

I have no idea of what this tree species is, wood colour, grain, density, etc., I will have a look at Google for some info but, I doubt this tree wood can be that valuable to justify such an expensive exercise, I may be wrong though, I may require that you explain it to me with a little more detail, please...!:wink::biggrin:

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

This is not a strange request at all.:) The aim of the OP was not to confuse, but appears that it did. :confused: Sorry. The aim is to offer Wit Stinkhout to someone in South Africa to turn it into something other than a tree. :tongue:

Yes I am Canadian and have friends and colleagues in other places in the world, even Australia and New Zealand, and yes South Africa. :cool:

Do you want some White Stinkwood sent to you in Australia? :tongue::)

I suppose yes,someone has to cut it.
Nothing has to be shipped to Canada. I said the burl is mine, if there is one. I will take care of shipping the burl, if needed.
Google the species, that is up to you. It is indigenous to SA. Woodworkers there will know it.

As I stated in my OP.A Wit Stinkhout tree is available to someone in South Africa. If anyone in South Africa is interested. The owner will be cutting it down. So, if you want some Wit Stinkhout to use in any way you want, I can supply you with contact information of the tree owner. The tree is in the area of Pretoria, South Africa.

I trust that this will explain it a litte more.:biggrin:
Sorry, I still do not have photos of the tree. I understand it stands taller than the second floor of the building.

Last edited:

robutacion

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

This is not a strange request at all.:) The aim of the OP was not to confuse, but appears that it did. :confused: Sorry. The aim is to offer Wit Stinkhout to someone in South Africa to turn it into something other than a tree. :tongue:

Yes I am Canadian and have friends and colleagues in other places in the world, even Australia and New Zealand, and yes South Africa. :cool:

Do you want some White Stinkwood sent to you in Australia? :tongue::)

I suppose yes,someone has to cut it.
Nothing has to be shipped to Canada. I said the burl is mine, if there is one. I will take care of shipping the burl, if needed.
Google the species, that is up to you. It is indigenous to SA. Woodworkers there will know it.

As I stated in my OP.A Wit Stinkhout tree is available to someone in South Africa. If anyone in South Africa is interested. The owner will be cutting it down. So, if you want some Wit Stinkhout to use in any way you want, I can supply you with contact information of the tree owner. The tree is in the area of Pretoria, South Africa.

I trust that this will explain it a litte more.:biggrin:
Sorry, I still do not have photos of the tree. I understand it stands taller than the second floor of the building.

G'day,

No need to apologize, I may have interpret it wrong, I don't know how others read it as no one has said a thing so, I appreciated you taking the time to explain it a little better.

It makes a lot more sense that you are referring to anyone in South Africa, there are a few members that are from that area of the World so, they may be interested.

Is great that you are trying to have that tree utilised or in part at least and not simply burnt away, I like to see that I and thank you for the gesture.

I had a look on Google and it seems that this tree is from the family of the more known Cottonwoods, I didn't see much as pics of the wood itself but, in my books, if is wood, is usable...!

I don't think that would be viable for me to have some of it sent my way, but thank you anyway, I didn't see anything about these trees producing burls so, I don't know of the chances of you getting any from it but good luck, in any case...!

PS: You are a little too far away to claim any burls these tree may have, the chances are, the people that will cut it or that will help to get it down and cleaned up, may make that claim so, I don't like your chances but, I hope you get some...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom