Wanted: Junior Emperor Kits in Rhodium and 22 ct Gold

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I would like to make pens for each of my 4 daughter-in-laws.

In my opinion, there is no more glorious pen kit than the Jr. Emperor in Rho/Gold from Dayacom.

No vendor that I know of has any and that includes Exotic Blanks which is the only vendor that even has a website listing for them.

But "Out of Stock" probably means "For a Long Time" and may mean "Forever".

I don't read many threads from people who make these kits and the reason is obvious ... price.

However, there are considerations which can transcend price and this is one of those ... I want them ! . (No, the PSI Majestic line is not good enough.)

What will we ever do if this Jr. Emperor kit and its companion, the full size version, go totally off the market in North America ? . (I know that William Woodwrite has the full size Emperor but that kit is just a little too big for the women in my life.)

Would it ever be possible for some of us to form a group to buy direct from Dayacom ? . The minimum order quantity may be prohibitively high. . I haven't checked.

If anyone wants to sell any of the Jr. Emperor kits please let me know.

If anyone can see a solution to the bigger problem, let's discuss. . Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Curly

Mal for your info the minimum order quantity from Dayacom for the Jr. Emperor in the plating you want is 300 kits in either rollerball or fountain pen.

magpens

Mal for your info the minimum order quantity from Dayacom for the Jr. Emperor in the plating you want is 300 kits in either rollerball or fountain pen.

Yeah, Pete, I knew that. But I sure as heck can't afford to buy 300 at once.
That is why I was toying around with the group buy idea and hoping someone would pick up the baton and run with it. . Can't see that is practical for a Canadian (ie. me) to do that because of the unfavorable postage climate in Canada and also because most interested pen turners would be in the US.

magpens

Thank you ! . Yes, Rick, that does help. I had totally forgotten about GPW.

It does seem sad, however, that one has to go to Australia, and that the North American pen turning community does not support this pen kit, which in my opinon is exquisitely crafted ... moreso than any other similarly sized and styled pen kit that is stocked and readily available in N.A.

magpens

Disregard, I figured out what your were talking about.

Glad you figured it out .... I would hate for the subject I am discussing to be unclear.

Before you edited your post, you referenced a kit from PSI. I had hoped to make the emphatic point that is definitely not the kit I was talking about.

From the same excellent vendor website as you linked, THIS is the one that I want to be able to buy in North America:

https://www.exoticblanks.com/Jr-Emperor-Rollerball-Rhodium-and-22K-Gold.html

Top Bottom