Turning tools

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PMisiaszek

When I sold our farm and my shop in PA, along with it went three lathes and three generations of turning tools. I didn't keep any because I turn pens exclusively with carbide tools and I currently don't have sharpening equipment here in Florida. But now I miss several of the traditional tools and would like at least a 1" roughing gouge (not a spindle gouge), an oval skew, and a diamond parting tool. If you have excess tools, as I once did, I'd be interested in hearing from you. I'd much prefer to buy and work with mature tools rather than those shiny ones in the catalog.

Dan Masshardt

I'm
Not sure if it would be worth it with shipping and stuff but I have a crown diamond parting tool in nice shape and a crown oval skew that needs a little grinder work to get it back where it should be.

PMisiaszek

Dan,

Thanks, but my Tormek stayed in PA when we moved and I don't have much here in the way of honing capability, let alone grinding. I'll have an oder off to CUSA later today. It would be appropriate to get a shipment from Mechanicsburg, though. In my Navy career, I got a lot of boxes from there.

Pete

Top Bottom