Teal Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

Looking for a Teal blank similar to this one off of the ChaterlyLuxeries website listed as being on a Signum Fountain Pen Orione Teal Fountain Pen.

Seems most of the Teals I see lean more towards Teal and Black than I see in this example. Still searching, but any help appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2177_15181463445381.jpg
    IMG_2177_15181463445381.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 263
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Terredax

Banned
Unfortunately, I don't have any resin, but I do have that color and many other shades of teal. I realize this doesn't help your current situation.
I'm sure someone will be able to help you with a teal blank.

TonyL

Teal/Turq

I made one that is more turq then teal, but it may be close enough. It is acrylester.

Attachments

• Turq ProX.jpg
    Turq ProX.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 206

MRDucks2

If you think the second one from WoodTurningz is it I'll give that a shot. They are only about 40 minutes away from me.

I really appreciate your help. I haven't turned enough resin to accurately guess what the blank will end up like turned.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

TonyL

If you think the second one from WoodTurningz is it I'll give that a shot. They are only about 40 minutes away from me.

Hi Mike:

I do not think either is the exact blank that you are looking for; I was just trying to help you find a decent match. Neither blank (that I URL'ed) has the shimmer/pearl to the same degree as the one in the original picture.

I do turn much inlace/acrylester/rhino and have found some that approximate the qualities that you are looking for. As JT said, that may be a custom blank.

MRDucks2

I understand, Tony. The one of mine that the guy saw a photo of was made out of IA Black & Gold from WoodTurningz, which I was concerned didn't have enough gold in it. Hit it with a sunlight bulb at an angle and it lights up, though. Good thing about living close is I can take photo and show the guys so I can pick from a couple of blanks. Only other thing I will do is reach out to Tim McKenzie and see if he has anything that basic in color as he is probably producing the most "shimmer" on here at the moment.

When I look at Acrylester it never really shows how it turns & wetting the cut size doesn't help. After being horrified at the first IA blank I turned, it is my go-to material, now.

jttheclockman

I understand, Tony. The one of mine that the guy saw a photo of was made out of IA Black & Gold from WoodTurningz, which I was concerned didn't have enough gold in it. Hit it with a sunlight bulb at an angle and it lights up, though. Good thing about living close is I can take photo and show the guys so I can pick from a couple of blanks. Only other thing I will do is reach out to Tim McKenzie and see if he has anything that basic in color as he is probably producing the most "shimmer" on here at the moment.

When I look at Acrylester it never really shows how it turns & wetting the cut size doesn't help. After being horrified at the first IA blank I turned, it is my go-to material, now.

Well if you can find that exact color and blank material, put me down for many. I would be willing to purchase too. I use the Teal blanks that Exotics has and is not even close to that color or shimmer.

Top Bottom